Find
Notify
Tools

God rest your bones
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
A fitting monument to a noble king who was unconscionably maligned by no less than William Shakespeare:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-eng...cestershire-27865860

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
A fitting monument to a noble king who was unconscionably maligned by no less than William Shakespeare:

We will all be maligned when we die by someone, gives the poor bastards that are left after we are gone something to look forward too.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shakespeare got his too. Much of the world believes Bacon wrote most of his stuff...

Heck, I have been maligned here upon occasion, and I am not even in a nursing home yet, let alone dead.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richard III was a rather controversial fellow.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
He was indeed. I must confess though that in that time frame there were no one of the ruling class that was pure as the driven snow.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote