New
Find
Notify
Tools

campfire
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know what happened to the 24-hr. campfire?

Posts: 291 | Location: San Angelo, TX | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
???? In what way????

I just Googled it and it came up.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have tried it on two different computers and it says link is broken. Have not been able to get on it all day. That sucks when trying to tell someone money is on the way.

Posts: 291 | Location: San Angelo, TX | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same here,it won't come up on a Canadian computer either..."server not found" Monashee

Posts: 165 | Location: British Columbia,Canada | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the site, but couldn't log on or select a topic. They're having problems, obviously.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There were access problems over the last few weeks and they changed servers, ever since then the site can be found, but looking in a forum to a topic locks up in the last few days. On IE and Firefox. The Campfire is still there just resting in cyberspace.

Technical difficulties.......

Posts: 23 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 04 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
haven't tried yet today, but no luck getting the site to come up for the last two days.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad somebody asked this. Tried 3 times this AM, and the internet can't even bring it up. Yeah the last coupla days, you could get the website, but the threads would lock up.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone want to go to 24hcf?

There's nothing there but cops, ex-cops, lawyers, military and retired military. Every government handout DEPENDENT type there is.

Almost every one of them would starve to death
without their government dole. That's why they
prefer the status quo!

A rabidly pro-government site if there ever was one!

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the accuracy of Don Slater's response, but from my experience, the CampFire is like a large number of internet forums.

The main thing, and I believe I have stated it before on here, that I like about AR, is to me, there is not the overt cliqueshness/clanishness/cronyism that there is on many others.

Many places seem to want to achieve a certain level of membership, of people of like minds/attitudes/opinions/ideals/ideas, and new people are not welcome and it takes a lot of hard work and effort to get accepted on such places, and even then, one screw up and you are gone.

Just to give an example, on one forum I belonged to for a while here in Texas, I got into an arguement with one of the regular members.

Another member, who also happens to be, or was an active duty Game Warden, pm'ed me and let me know in no uncertain terms that I did not need to be causing trouble.

That is Bull Shit.

From what I have seen during the time that I have been involved in forums, and I may have missed out on it, if it has ever happened on AR, but about every couple of years, most forums undergo a major shakeup, and many never recover. JMO.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazyhorse,

I think you pretty accurately defined the same things I have found. archer

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Don't know about the accuracy of Don Slater's response, but from my experience, the CampFire is like a large number of internet forums.

The main thing, and I believe I have stated it before on here, that I like about AR, is to me, there is not the overt cliqueshness/clanishness/cronyism that there is on many others.

Many places seem to want to achieve a certain level of membership, of people of like minds/attitudes/opinions/ideals/ideas, and new people are not welcome and it takes a lot of hard work and effort to get accepted on such places, and even then, one screw up and you are gone. JMO.

24 HCF =

Remington actions
Pac-Nor or Kreiger barrels
McMillan fiberglass (edge) stocks
Polane T stock paint
Williams bottom metal
Cerecote metal finish
Leupold scopes
Talley lightweight rings/bases
Nosler or Barnes bullets

Gene Ingram knives.

Other views need not apply!