Find
Notify
Tools

Local/Regional Forums?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
How many folks on here participate on Local/Regional, Hunting/Fishing/Outdoor forums, and are able to get away with the same stuff on those sites that they do here?

I am just curious, as I know that there are folks on here, that do participate on such sites, and there are a few that run such sites, that would never let the type of discussions that happen on here, occur on their sites.

What is the difference?

Is the AR inhabited by a few Hobbit's?

Or are these folks Voyeaurs?

They want to discuss such topics but with a certain measure of anonimity?

Why would someone want to participate on a site that allows such discussions, while at the same time participating or operating a site that is infinitely more Draconian in its thinking and operation?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I do look at other hunting and shooting sites, and do participate sometimes on them.

But, you are right.

Sadly, many of them don't seem to have the same tolerance level that we have here at AR.

Why that is the case I really have no idea.

Here we try to let our memebers express themselves. And when some go too far for our tastes we try to talk to them.

Most see what we mean, and that ends the argument right there.

Sometimes, however, we find that an individual likes to stretch our tolerance level beyond what we wish it to be.

Then, sadly, the only thing we can do is remove that individuals posting previllages.

This is someting we do noit do lightly, and try to avoid as much as possible.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66996 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

PLEASE do not change anything about this forum. What sets this place apart is the tolerance.....yes, at times it gets heated but as CHC can attest to, we almost always end it in a friendly manner......sometimes we even end up hunting together after settling a verbal sparring match.

There's no other forum like it.....and I'm happy a long-time member here told me of it. The ugliest thread I've ever seen is the one going on in the Asian forum currently.....but even that one is heading toward a group hug ending.....or not. Big Grin

Edit: Neglected to mention that it's not just the tolerance that sets this place apart, but more importantly the incredible content.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, this is the best forum I have ever been on.

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
Mostly the local regional forums are pretty slow,with only a few posts per day.And dont have any tolerance for anything off topic,and a very narrow topic range.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Accuratereloading #1 tu2

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I have tried others, but AR is the only one for me...and we have a few threads I try to avoid....the political one especially. That's where the "hobbits" reside. donttroll And I will continue so long as I don't get thrown off for my biting sarcasm at times..... Wink

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I miss the redhead pics. fishing

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I belong to a local forum here in Virginia. It's rather dull, like most of the popular shooting rags.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This forum is the only one I know of that has an open, worldwide participation.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
I'm a member a couple of local (Missouri)forums.
Mostly bs'n but there are a couple of yearly get togethers.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input folks, you all have confirmed my thoughts on the subject.

I guess what amazes me, is people joining such places and then never getting involved, or if they do, it is to complain about another members posts.

I also can't understand some of the folks that are on AR that run their own regional/local forums, yet would not let 1/10th. of what is said on here on their site.

To me that is hypocritical as hell.

They will participate on here, but if anyone brings up the same type topic or discussion on their site, they are banned in a heart beat.

Talk about Hobbits, from experience, those folks make Bilbo Baggins look Saintly.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't go to other forums as I have trouble keeping up with just this one.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote