New
Find
Notify
Tools

L. Sprague De Camp??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Many years ago I owned a science fiction book whose dust jacket art was amusing. Not only do I no longer have the book, I cannot remember sufficient detail to find another copy, more for its dust jacket than its text.

1. I think the author was L. Sprague De Camp.

2. The hard cover book pertained to time travel and how actions that changed the extreme distant past may or may not affect changes in the returned-to future by the time traveler.

3. Dust jacket art was a cartoon of a "great white hunter" in caricatured safari garb, holding a huge double-barreled long gun. The hunter was posed, I believe, standing with one foot atop a trophy triceratops (yup, a dinosaur).

4. I cannot remember whether book was composed of one story thread, or each chapter was capable of standing alone.

I would appreciate details of the book's identity. I would be ecstatic if someone who has the book could scan the front cover of its dust jacket at higher than standard resolution and color bit depth and furnish the graphic to me.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Maybe this?

A Gun For Dinosaur

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found it.

The Best of L. Sprague De Camp

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote