New
Find
Notify
Tools

1874 Sharps
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Putting together a 40-65 Sharps with nice wood, for 2017.

Posts: 17129 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom, are you going to campaign it in silhouette? Using one of the Badger barrels you had stashed?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an action and some nice wood laying around and I will use one of the badgers on it. We don't have any silhouette ranges around here so in spite of all the BP single shots I have, I have never shot silhouettes.

Posts: 17129 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom, I haven't either. I have only shot a few rounds of handgun silhouette. I have shot a couple of buffalo matches with the steel cutouts at known ranges -- and didn't do so hot with my Trapdoor Springfield -- but sure had fun.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of BPCR shooters swear by the various 40 caliber cartridges...complete penetration of a Bison with no problem.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The little 416 gr Lyman flat nosed greaser powered by 66 grs Schutzen 3F to 1265 fps went through a 5pt buck lengthways at 105 yards last fall cast at 20 to 1 alloy, BOOM drop.

Loving my 40-65 Shiloh. Cool

Posts: 789 | Registered: 18 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post