New
Find
Notify
Tools

577BPE load data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for info on a 577BPE using smokeless. I have access to a large selection, Varget, RL15, AC5744, ect.
I have a few weights of cast leads and a few Woodys 650gr BPE jacketed.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1241 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots more knowledgeable people than me on this forum but maybe this helps. Ross Seyfried has written extensively on Nitro for Black and my loads are based on his articles.
In my Alex Henry 23/4 inch 577 BPE a 525 grain cast PP bullet regulates and goes 1725 fps with 69.3 IMR 4198. Cast powder coated 550 grain goes 1750 with 71.5 grains.Both use backer rod filler , LR primers.
Hope this helps.
Larry

Posts: 373 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CheifR53,
is there a picture of your AH somewhere?

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
From Graeme Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" 3rd Edition, page 216:

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi degoins, I don’t know how to post pics, but pm me and I’ll send you a few if interested.

Posts: 373 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM coming.....and thank you.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BPSteve,
I have that same book. I am just feeling around to see if there is anything I may have missed.
Thank you Sir, you have been a wealth of info for me.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1241 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post