New
Find
Notify
Tools

43 Mauser Ammo/Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Want to buy the above. I'll be converting the cases for use in an antique blackpowder rifle, so I don't NEED loaded ammo, but would be willing to buy it. Ammo or brass must not be Dominion brand, as its base is too large for reforming. BELL, or other brass that's no larger than .514" just ahead of the rim, is what I need.

I know it's a longshot, but I appreciate your looking.

Dave Manson

Posts: 686 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave, have you reached out to Buffalo Arms to find out when they will have it back in stock? I have three loaded rounds using their brass from when I was running a Model 1871 years ago. Happy to dump the powder and primers and send you the empties if worth your time.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, thanks for your offer, but I’d hate to put you to the trouble for three. I have (36) usable cases now, but simply want to eventually have about (100).

I did contact BACO, but they’re out of both cases and the BP-loaded ammunition. Really like those folks! None at Track of the Wolf either. I’ll eventually accumulate enough to feel comfortable in my old age. How are you doing these days?

Dave

Posts: 686 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave, no trouble to send the 3 if you can use them. Are your other cases turned/formed from .348?
I am still up to my neck in house repairs/remodel. I will be a happier guy when my new Manson reamer in .25 Remington is in hand! Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother and I played with a 43 Mauser years ago.

I think he sold the rifle I'll ask him about the brass.

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks PD. Anything you have will be welcome. If I can’t use it (Dominion), my friend with a hammer drilling, with the rifle in that caliber, will be glad for it.

Dave Manson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Was sold with the rifle sorry.

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for checking, PD.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 700 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post