Find
Notify
Tools

GRANSFORS BRUKS Axes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CK
posted
I was in the market for a couple for axes, one for camping/hunting and the other for around the house chores in the yard to trim the trees. One of our sporting goods shop started carrying the above name brand, and I'll tell you they are impressive. Anytime that an axe can shave hair, it gets my attention. So I bought two of the Gransfors Bruks axes - The Wilderness Hatchet and the Scandinavian Forest Axe. Anyone else use these axes?

"Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass." Mark Twain - Chris - IYAOYAS!

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of AMP
posted Hide Post
I have two. The wilderness hatchet and the hunters axe. Both are awesome. The little hatchet is probably my favorite. Put it in your pack or belt when hiking/hunting and you don't even know its there.

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They've got very impressive craftmanship in those axes.

I wish I had the money for them.

I have to stick with the Fiskars/Gerber polymer handled axes. They are great, very light with very good blade geometry.

CK, I never buy anything because the edge can shave. The only thing that means to me is the company is good enough to put thought into the part you use. Buy yourself a good mill bastard file, a coarse diamond stone, and a fine ceramic stone and you can make any piece of metal shave. Cool
I wouldn't actually try shaving with an axe though...while I have shown that you can do it (with a Fiskars) my skin let me know that it isn't the best tool sofa

If yall don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your axes and where did you get them?
The only store I've found wanted $70 for the little camp axe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee valley tools sells about 6 or 7 of these axes. They are nice, but damned expensive.

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
Right on--Expensive but good quality. I have the '"hunters axe" and the scand. axe. Been fortunate and received them as gifts.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of AMP
posted Hide Post
I bought both of mine at a local bow store here in Maryland. The little hatchet was $80.00, the hunters axe was cheaper. I forget the actual price. I think it was like $69.00. AMP

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 December 2004Reply With Quote