Find
Notify
Tools

Grohmann DH Russel knives
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted
anybody been using any of these knives. I just picked up a number 2. Has a great ergonomic feel to it. Looking for any feedback?

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
I have never handled any of the grogmann knives but they sure look great.
The #2 trout and bird is a cool and different looking design.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have carried a Grohmann #1 or "Russel" for the past six years, day in, day out, as much of my work and lifestyle take me into the back woods. The only knife I could ever truly depend on. And keeps an edge too. My father has carried pretty well one knife for well over twenty years, and that's a Grohmann trout and bird. The knife has skinned and butchered a life's worth of caribou and moose, countless fish and birds, been a screw driver, pry, and many other tools, has been lost in a river of rapids only to be found a year later no worse for wear, and still makes a fine back up razor. Sounds a little far-fetched when all laid out at once, but KWard, you truely got yourself a good knife there.

Arctic Gun

Posts: 91 | Location: North of sixty | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Artic gun, I can believeyour feedback. I was just at the shotshow where I stumbled into the Grohmann booth, like Andre I had looked at them but never hand one in hand. I was really torn between the the original and the #2. Finally decided on the #2 ( should have just bought both).thanks for the feedback.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
I used mine once and gave it away.As good as it felt just holding it my hand did not care for working with it.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote