Find
Notify
Tools

Sheath for Puma
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
I just bought a very nice Puma "Combat" knife. Well the steel is nice but little else. I'm thinking some nice Cocobolo handles and a new sheath.

The Sheath is a true POS!!! The bare backside of the steel snaps and buckles are actually exposed and rub on the blade. Any contacts in the sheath making biz out there?

BTW I bought this from Held Discount Knives and the transactuion went very well. They have the entire Puma line (German and the new "International" line) at great discounts.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
Bladeforums.com

Custom Knife Forums

Lots of sheath makers at both sites.. Or you could get some leather and make one it is not that diffucult and you would have it the way you wanted. Both forums have FAQs on how to do it yourself...

John

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to make a scabard, out of the same wood I use for the handle. It should look pretty nice. I'll post it when I'm done. The knife is very angular and I think I'm going to make the scales (correct term?) less oval amd see how it looks.

Collins

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey collins,Pick up a copy of the Blade magazine and give some local custom knife makers a call,most makers also do there sheaths or can direct you to someone .I have found that knife people are some of the nicest folks around.They will help you any way they can.Iam going to get a sheath made for a knife also,I love good leather!Good Luck!P.S. Dont look to hard at custom knifes,you will get ruined and never be the same,you will like only custom knifes from now on!There are some nice ones being handmade!

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice.

The problem is that I've got a chronic case of "Gee, that looks cool. Maybe I should get into that". Leads to too many projects half done in the basement...

I'll order one. That should solve the problem. But I do know a guy with a waterjet table?...

Collins

one of us
posted Hide Post
TRy this site. One of these guys can make you a Kydex or a nice leather sheath. Good luck.

http://www.knifeforums.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB19

Posts: 142 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Try this site:
Custom sheaths

I have been to Fred's shop and seen his work. He does some really nice stuff.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote