THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Arno Bernard knives & 12C27 Sandvik steel

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arno Bernard knives & 12C27 Sandvik steel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Over the past couple of years I have purchased a couple of Arno Bernard drop point knives. I love the design and have been very impressed with the worksmanship and appearance. So far, however, I have not had occasions to put them to any serious use. Can anyone tell me more about the durability, level of performance, and ease of sharpening I should be able to expect from his knives and the 12C27 Sandvik steel he uses in comparison to other more common knife steels?

Posts: 54 | Location: Fort Collins, CO, USA | Registered: 27 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
12C27 is similar to AUS-6 or 440A. The steel is fairly low carbon for a knife therefore soft .It will not retain an edge well and require frequent sharpening. There are many better steels for knives.