Find
Notify
Tools

Cold Steel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any opinions on Cold Steel folder knives

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of the best out there I carry the voyager series great knifes

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They make cheap and they make expensive. At the cost point you pay, you get a decent knife.

The more expensive Cold Steel knives are very good, I have been happy with VG-1 steels, I am happy with the AUS -8 steels. The san mai knives are very expensive and it is hard to say you actually get that much more with them.

I have a Pendleton "Master Hunter" in AUS 8 and it locks tightly, no wobble, the blade is an excellent grind and profile. I have others and I like them. The triad lock is a very positive lock, so much so, that it is sometimes hard to unlock the things.

One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
I own two CS knives and love both for what they were made to do. Both crazy sharp from the factory and not insanely expensive. Some say their videos are a little over the top/too self defense oriented. But I didn't buy my knives because of videos, but because of price and function!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Cold steel products, folders or not, are great quality knives that are very consistent in their products. I am a die hard Benchmade fan, but I own many Cold steel knives as well. My favorite, until it was stolen from my truck (rat bastards...) was a Vaquero Grande. I believe it was AUS-8 and a 6" blade. Of course, it was unwieldly and not good to carry around on person, but it handled all my chores when camping or off roading. The lock was exceedingly tough and the handle initially felt flimsy, however proved to be just as tough as the rest of the knife. I will say that you will be pleased if you purchase one, spendy or not!

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well after looking at several CS knives I bought the cold steel voyager in large size.
It sure is a nice knife, might large but has a good feel to it.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I carried a large voyager 5 inch blade around a lot a can do a fair amount of hacking with it.

I carried the 4 inch model as a duty knife for years.

If around town I carry the 4 out in the woods the 5 can handle chores a bit easier.

People would ask me how come I carry a big pocket knife I tell them it will do every thing a little one can do and a lot more.

Chopping down a 2 inch sapling is easy with the 5 inch

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote