New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Boker CeraTitan . . .
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Jiri, I was over at my buddies house tonight helping him setup his Tormek Knife sharpening machine. I tried it out on one of the CeraTitan Knives. I sharpened just fine on the Tormek machine. It was interesting that the edge didn't take the normal "mirror" finish that the Tormek and stropping will usually give a steel knife. The edge had the silver-grey finish that you see on the outside of the knives. It did however come out razor sharp. We tried it out on a nice piece of Beef Briskit and it cut very well. These knives might be something special. I'll let you know how the edge holds up......DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
It is just interesting, titanim+silver and ceramic, sintereg together.

I belive the best result is with ceramic steel what I heard. If it will perform well on kitchen knives, it could be good for some smaller folders. I know toughness is not comparable to good steels but with smaller blade and on folder it could not be a problem. Also it is declared to be totally corrosion resistent . . .

Jiri

Posts: 2076 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I am interested if anybody have any expirience with that. It looks pretty amazing, not as brittle as Ceramic but with near ceramic cutting properties.

What is your opinion about that ? It looks it will hold edge much longer than today top class steels.

Jiri

Posts: 2076 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jiri, My buddy just bought a set of Kitchen Cera-Titan Knives for his wife. I was pretty impressed with them. They were light as a feather. I used my normal strop and was able to improve the edge on them so I think that they will be sharpenable by normal methods. They are too new to need resharpening but I'll check back later when I've had a little more experience with them.......DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote