New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parachute cord
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have experience wrapping a knife handle with parachute cord? My attempt was laughable. Am looking for instructions or reference to another site having pictures.
Thanks.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Jeffery Denmark has posted pictures using cord as a handle. I'm sure he'll see this soon enough. But here's a picture he had posted of one.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sombody enlighten me... but I think a paracord handle for a knife would be the worst handle on the planet.
Think about it, if you use your knife to gut or skin a deer,etc, or fillet a fish, or even stab a "bad guy", it would be soaked with blood or fish juice.
Pretty nasty after a day or two.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Paracord wrap is cool and feels OK. The one good thing is that you always have some cord near by.

I have done some knives with papacord wraped handles and did it the Strider way.

This is the way the Strider guys does it:

http://www.striderknives.com/html/handlewrapping.html

Easy Wink

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Jeffrey have you tried the Strider knife and how good are they, i have read a bit them in SOF and they liked them a good deal,

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bingo! Thanks Jeffery.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr rigby:
Jeffrey have you tried the Strider knife and how good are they, i have read a bit them in SOF and they liked them a good deal,

Rigby

I have not tested them, but they seems to be strong, hwever not as strong as the Busse combat knives. Most Strider knives are made of S30V a fine steel. I am not cracy about the grinds but do like some of the custom stuff that Mick Strider does.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I used paracord in a Ek knife for pig stticking with good results .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Cold Steel and CRKT that I've wrapped with parachute cord.

The CRKT had an open grip and so I interlaced through the opening.

Cold steel is technically a throwing knife. Wrapped with cord using the "Samauri" wrap as pictured above herein. Doing a 180 degree twist on each side of the grip and running a "rib" along the grip with this knotted twist.

Para cord is synthetic. It doesn't soak up blood or stains. You can wash it off with soap, water. It's stable, non absorbent, and doesn't stain.