New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.62X25mm Loads?
 Login/Join

Picture of eagle357
posted
I just baught a new gun in 7.62X25mm, and I was wondering if any of you good folks out there have ever reloaded for it?
It'll be at least eight weeks before I can get the supplies for reloading it into Canada. So for now I was just wondering if anybody has any experiance loading them, and what your favorite recipes are?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The highest velocity by far is in "Accurate Arms Load Book Number Two" 2000.

It is for CZ52, Starline brass, and AA#9.

I have found that Todarev pistols, S&B brass, and LONGSHOT powder are at least as good.

This is some 308 brass that I necked down to 243. I think I should turn the necks.

-

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I reload for the .30 Mauser, which is similar to the 7.62x25. I shoot this in an old Broomhandle. I use cases made from .223 cases trimmed, sized and fireformed. These are then neck reamed. I use a 100gr .308 carbine bullets propelled with 5grs of Unique. This functions well in the pistol and is milder than 7.62 Tokerev ammo. I have purchased some 9mmMagnum cases. I believe these are 9x21. This requires sizing the 9x21, then reloading. Ku-dude

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did some more experiments with AA#9 and Ramshot ENforcer and figured out that they are the same.
I also tried LIL'GUN, H110, LONGSHOT, XMP5744, N105, N110, and AA#5.

I have experiemnted with loads not in the books until the case was full or the primer fell out.

I have found the most power with:
Tokarev Pistols [reduce loads by 50% for CZ52s]
10 gr Power Pistol
S&B brass [reduce by 1 gr for Starline brass]
110 gr JSP

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote