THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FAVORITE LOADS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Your Favorite Loads - Share Them With Us    Just reloaded a new supply of my favorites for this fall .338 Win Mag and 30/06

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just reloaded a new supply of my favorites for this fall .338 Win Mag and 30/06
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I just spent an evening reloading a new supply of a couple of my favorite loads.
First off is my .338 Win Mag, this load shoots 5 shots at 100 yards well under an inch and goes 2815 FPS, load is 70.5 grains IMR-4350, WW or FC brass (both work well) CCI 250 primer and a Sierra 225 grain Pro hunter bullet.
Next up is my tried and true 30/06 load of 56 grains of IMR-4350 WW cases, CCI or WW primers (both work well)and a 180 grain Sierra Gameking. I loaded up a few 180 Nosler Partitions too but my rifle has never really warmed up to them, thought I would play with the seating depth once more.
Tonight was IMR 4350 night so I loaded up some for my sons .257 Roberts Ruger Ultra Light. We found that it really likes the Sierra 90 HPBT Gameking with 42.5 grains of 4350 and WW cases, CCI primers. Four shots at under .75" and I blew the fifth one so we will load and shoot that one some more.
I try to find something my rifles really like and then load up a hundred or two until I've shot the supply down to 30 rounds then load them up again.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting! I have been trying for years to get my Ultralight to shoot the heavier bullets. I have never tried the 90 gr. bullets.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Peter, this Ultra Light likes 100 grain bullets and 90's any 117's and 120's are all over the page. I have another .257 that loves the 117's and 41.5 gr of IMR-4350 but cant find a 90 or 100 grain load that it likes.
Go figure.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote