Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for relaoding data for 30X284
 Login/Join

<plpetit>
posted
I have got a Schmidt Rubin in 30X284.

Does anyone have reloading data for this caliber?

P.L. PETIT

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot a 30/284 for about 10 years on a Remington 600 action. The basic rule is to reload using 30/06 data. Hodgdon No. 26 reloading manual lists them together. I use 58 gr IMR 4350 with 180 gr RN Hornady in mine. The rifle has a very short barrel (18") and I still get good velocity with this load. I have an Ultra Dot scope on the rifle and use it only in heavy timber. It will shoot .5 with 180 grain SSP with that load and under MOA with round noses.

This load is very hot and work your way up to it. It also has horrendous muzzle blast.

Good Hunting
Steve

------------------
Every man dies, but not every man really lives!!

[This message has been edited by Santala (edited 07-26-2001).]

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<plpetit>
posted
Thanks a lot!

P.L. PETIT

one of us
posted Hide Post
Despite popular notion to the contrary, the .284 case capacity is some bit less than that of the .30-06. However, since '06 data is usually held down under 50,000 cup and the .284 case is designed for about 10% more pressure, you can usually get by without turning your gun inside-out using '06 data.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote