Find
Notify
Tools

Re: worked up a hot load in 308
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Thanks for sharing the adventure,Clark.I'm very much in tune to what you are doing,but than some folks think I'm dangerous, or at least a twing on the nutty side.I just figure they don't understand.

The sequence was pictorially demonstrative for sure and the corresponding data made my jaw drop a little farther the more I read. That was better than the Saturday afternnoon cliff hanger at the Lyciume theater when I was a kid.

I don't know if I've ever seen as good a representation in ladder effect of progressive pressure increase intentionally induced by step loading. I'll bet some loading manual or whatever would publish that.

The three cases in the Turk were scarey. The farthest on the right is just a shade less damaged than one I pulled out of a 22-250 last year.Fractured a small chunk from the face of the bolt removeing the case. It almost appeared as if there had been a small braze of case to bolt. After I replaced the bolt I found that the recevier was suffering from set back. The barrel seemed to servive. Haven't put it on another action yet but I'm about to.

Keep up the good work ,Clark, for as long as fate allowsFrowner roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:
"I have been going through my calibers and overloaded my guns to see what happens in some kind of systematic way."

Ya know, I sure wish Clark was one of my neighbors. Say, maybe lived a mile or two down the road, or so. Sure would be interesting to keep up with his daily adventures!

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote