New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm rem mag-rl-22
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know all guns are different but i have two and working up 160 grain bullet load and i am shocked how much more powder than max in the book i am using. The best load i am getting is 68.5 grains rl-22 with 160's and there are no pressure signs of any kind. Has anyone else found this or is it just my guns. I am not all that experienced but it seems like that should be to much but it is only going 3016 fps.any help would be great.. thanks

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You right on.That 7mag can digest way more powder than most books show.

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes not many replies but it is only caliber out of about 60 i have that shoots that much over max with any bullet.strange

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's almost exactly what my ancient Sako uses and velocity is almost identical. I shoot a lot of 175 partitions with 66 gr RL22 for 2907 fps. There is quite a bit of difference between R-P and W-W brass too. Don't work up a load in Win and load Rem brass in the 7 Mag. Some of the 7RM loads I see listed wouldn't hit the velocity of a hot loaded 7x57 in my rifle.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks i have found that with winchester brass you can load hotter than remington or norma. glad to know someone is also using more than max

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the Nosler custom brass compared to Winchester brass?

175 gr Nosler Partition
CCI-250
WW cases
66.0 grains of IMR 7828
Muzzle Velocity @ 15' 3060 fps
No signs of High Pressure
3 shot group @ 100 yards 5/8"

Thanks

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't, but I'm sure Nosler doesn't make their own brass. I'd just weigh it and see if it weighs the same as Winchester. Win. makes Hornady brass, so they are pretty much identical. Federal if I remember correctly is in between Win and Rem brass.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jstevens,

I did just that and the Win brass and the Nosler brass both weighted the same.

Thanks

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote