New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 243 Winchester Ackley Improved loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Iam from the UK and have a Nesika Bay 243AI 25 inch kreiger barrel 1 in 13 twist with a 68 gr Berger 52.3 Vit 160 gives 3850 average FPS

Posts: 103 | Location: England | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Foxshooter, I'm suprised to hear that someone in the UK has a AI rifle. Thanks for the info but the rifls you have has a 1 1n 13 twist, mine has a 1 in 9" twist. Bullets lighter than 85 grains will not work well in my rifle. Tell me do you shoot fox with you AI? We Yanks are under the impression that you Tommys have lost you gun ownership rights, and that hunting in the UK is about wiped out. What is the deal

Posts: 259 | Location: up state New York USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do indeed shoot foxes with my 243 AI and lots of them I also use it for small deer like roe,muntjac and chinesse,as to shooting in the UK its never been so strong only handguns and auto rifles are banned ,its getting more expensive though as all the foreign clients coming accross the water tophy hunting

Posts: 103 | Location: England | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45.5 gns H4350 (AR 2209) with the 80 gn Berger match in Winchester cases with Fed. GM primers . 5 shots into 0.327 .
Work up from below as is a maximum load in my rifle .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote