New
Find
Notify
Tools

340 Wby
 Login/Join

<Bill>
posted
This is my current pet load for my Weatherby Mark V Accumark with a 25" bbl and Custom Brake. The gun is fitten with Talley rings and bases and a Steiner 2.5-8 scope.

250 Nosler Partition
Wby Brass
Fed 215 primer
85.0 grains RL22
OAL 3.681
Velocity 2948 fps (at sea level, 80 F)

In this gun the load shoots some spectacular groups at times, with no pressure signs at all.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
I have developed almost the exact same load and found it spectacular. On many ocassions, when I am up to the task, I have shot sub-MOA groups with five roundso. My recipe is as follows:
wby brass
250 gr. Nosler partition
87.0 grs RL 22
Win. WLRM

The running average velocity from my wby Mk V stainless with a 26" barrel is 2968 fps with no sigs of high pressure... IN MY RIFLE, of course. It really gets the attention of the big bulls here in the Heart of the Rockies. I have never had the need to work with any other loads. However, as I have just come to own a rather large supply of 230 gr. Fail Safes I will work up a "hot one" using this star performer. I wil post the results as soon as I have the results.

------------------

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 26 in barreled Wby has taken a liking to 90 grs of RL 25 in a Wby case Fed 215 primers and the 225 gr Swift A-frame. 3 shot groups in 1 inch @ 200 yds. The best I could get with the 250 Noslers was 2-21/2 in @ 200 yds.

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote