THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FAVORITE LOADS FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Load Finalized....308 Ed Brown Marine Sniper...
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All..just got back from my club range..final zero for hunting season...also the club had the chrono set up too...my 308 absolutely refused to shoot well with nosler cases and fed 210 match primers no matter what powder I tried with Nosler 165 Partitions..switched to Lapua Cases and CCI BR2 Primers...well the results are astounding...shoots better than Fed 168gr MATCH Ammo...I thought Partitions were not supposed to be this accurate..???? Load is Lapua Cases, NEW..CCI BR2..43grains Varget..Nosler 165 Partition..OAL is 2.810"...the group measures .380"...from a cold clean bbl...
These FIRST FIVE shots from cold clean bbl. were fired over the chrono...avg is 2798fps...high is 2805fps...low is 2786fps..maybe not the fastest 308 load but I'll take this level of accuracy..I can't hold any closer with these 60 yr. old eyes...fired 3 more five shot groups and none went over .500"..!!!
Rifle is as follows:
Ed Brown Marine Sniper 308W..
KREIGER BBL..24"..Remington Varmit Contour
JEWELL TRIGGER set at 35oz.
Swarovski PH 4x16 Scope with Standard Crosshairs...

[URL=

Posts: 23 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 31 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Excellent result. You must be very happy.

My hunting load was 42.6 grains of Varget (2208) under a 165 Woodleigh PPSN. It also gave excellent accuracy and emphatic results on all sizes of plains game.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote