New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Request for target loads for a 300 WM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some guys have said to take your 220 grain SMK and load it over 78 grains of H1000, but this is max in the most generous manuals, so work up as always. A grain more than this for the 200 grainers. RL22 is a must try with the 190 grain bullets, and H4831SC for all of them.

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, now I have some H1000 already, so any suggestions for loads using this powder?
peter.

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am interested in obtaining target loads for my Savage 112BVSS in 300WM. I expect to shoot up to 600 yards but only have regular access to a 200 yard range.
Thanks, peter.

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
You'll have to do some experimenting no matter what you get for responses. I've shared these two loads numerous times, but here's what's worked very well for me:

168gr Sierra MK, 73gr RL-22, WLRM primer and Winchester cases
190gr Sierra MK, 71gr RL-22, WLRM primer and Winchester cases

I don't think these are even near max, but they shoot the best by a mile and for target loads I don't really care about squeezing out every last fps. The books do start a little lower, which is my recommendation to anyone.

Really all I should have said is here is buy a 5-lb can of RL-22

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote