Find
Notify
Tools

300WSM & 140 grain Barnes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p1e911ce9a3bb1e57288cef0f80dbd3f0/fca85b19.jpg

And yes Brad i shot this group AFTER Conni Brooks joined the forum......

[ 02-11-2003, 06:40: Message edited by: Dave Jenkins ]

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave: Is that factory nickel plated brass that's been reloaded? If so, any problems sizing?

Posts: 137 | Location: ormond beach fl | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
thmpr, Yes it is. I'm using a standard Redding FL die backed off quite a bit in order to partially resize....I haven had any problems with the nickle vs brass. Since I'm shooting a break open rifle (Encore) I'm using this method. The chamber job was a little sloppy but it doesnt seem to be affecting the accuracy too much. BTW that XBT is about .075" off of my lands. This load shoots even better in my neighbors Win M70 adn it is further from his rifiling. Let me know if you try it.
Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave: Did you build a .300 Win Mag for George Mayfield @ The Roost, in Al.?

Posts: 137 | Location: ormond beach fl | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
thmpr....
That wasnt me. They only thing Ive built lately is tension between me and the old lady, while spending time at the reloading bench. [Roll Eyes]

And my reccollection of my notes was wrong that round only has a .045" jump to my lands. When I first set it up it was deeper/shorter 2.780" which was approx .075 off of the rifling in the Win M70 chamber. Now as finished it is .055" off. But truth be told the 140 and the 130 grain shot sub moa at 100yds at both 2.78" and 2.80"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave: Talked to Connie Brooks today @ the Shot Show, very nice lady.

one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
I Bet. Based on some of the photos Ive seen I wouldnt want to shoot against her. She has made some long shots with her .338 Win Mag.
Brad who frequents this board and shoots a 300WSM posted that some of us suddenly started liking and braggin on Barnes bullets after Connie joined the forum...... [Wink]
Did they have any triple shock samples to hand out? I'd like to try it in the 150 r 165 grain but I'll probably clean all the moly out of my barrel and shoot em naked.

one of us
posted Hide Post
No triple shock samples, I got 2 pocket full of bullet samples from every bullet mfg. known to exist. Now I have to sort 'em out & try to figure out which one is what!