New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm Rem. SAUM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I realize that this is a somewhat 'less than popular' round, but I thought I'd ask anyway...
Does anybody have a pet load or two for it with any bullet weight ?
A recent acquisition, a new in box 2003 vintage 700 BDL has proven to be a good shooter with some promising groups so I'm still trying to find its preference for bullet weights and powders.
Any tips will be greatly appreciated...

Posts: 98 | Location: Fraser Valley B.C. | Registered: 07 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kevan I have Stainless synth stocked 700 in 7SAUM. I had some decent groups with the 139 gr Hornady bullets. The plain old spire pt grouped the best but the GMX also grouped well. A max load of 65 grs of RL19 sparked by CCI250 primers.Seat the bullets out as long as your magazine will allow. 3 shot groups around 5/8 in @100 yds.Suggest you start @ 60 grs and work up Best shooting load is with the 160 gr Speer BT. A max load of 60 grs of IMR4831 groups uder 1 inch @ 200yds. Start @ 55 or 56 grs and work up. Hope that helps

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Be warned, this load is NOT in any book. Technically this way over Nosler's book max, but is the same as Barnes book max.

Remington M7, AWR
22.0" bbl
7mm SAUM

62.0 RL19
150gr. Nosler E-Tip
Velocity: 2,900 fps.
Results: 3/4" at 100, 2" at 300 yards.

This load in my rifle is so consistent I bought 500 Nosler 2nd e-Tips and basically stopped load dev.

I can't comment on actual pressure other than to say the following: I get sticky bolt lift using Remington's factory 160-gr. Nosler Partition loads, flattened and cratered primers.

This load does not do that.

It may be over Nosler's max but it works for me.

Edited to add: I get 2,950 fps using a Barnes 150 TSX.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips fellas, most appreciated !

Posts: 98 | Location: Fraser Valley B.C. | Registered: 07 December 2005Reply With Quote