Notify
Tools

Re: 358 Norma
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jimmy Mac
posted
Quote:

I did like 300 Win Mag brass. After running it through the Norma sizing it set the shoulder back just right. Then you just have to trimm it down.

Pau,

Did you have a problem with neck thickness using the 300 mag brass ? I want to use this, but don't want to get into neck reaming.

one of us
posted Hide Post
are your moose like our moose? because the ones I'm talking about are huge, take a look at some of the pics in Alaska hunting section, they can be down right massive, yea, I was looking into rino bullets, but I dont handload much right now, and its kind of more of a bother than its worth.

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jimmy Mac
posted Hide Post
Actually, I was just playing around with my new dies and some imperial sizing die wax. 458 Win Mag brass works real nice. Forms easily, necks are fine, and comes out about 10/1000 shorter than a 1x fired factory case.

one of us
Picture of PaulH
posted Hide Post
When I was using 300 Win Mag brass, I never had a problem.

Posts: 218 | Location: Liquid Sunshine State | Registered: 12 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jimmy Mac
posted Hide Post
Do you see any downside to the 458 brass ?

one of us
Picture of PaulH
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Do you see any downside to the 458 brass ?

I thought about using it, but never did after I got the Norma brass. I say if it works, go for it. The only question I'd ask would be the neck area of the downsized .458 brass.Most and likely the 458 would be the easiest of the bunch.

Posts: 218 | Location: Liquid Sunshine State | Registered: 12 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have dies, and 1-2 boxes of norma factory ammo for sale, plus 50-100 rds of once fired brass, anyone interested?

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jimmy Mac
posted Hide Post
PM at you Dark Paladin.

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Hi Dark Palladin

My normal answer is that the Swedish moose are not that much smaller than North American moose.

However, I see you are in Alaska, so the answer is no, the Swedish moose are smaller than the ones you have!

This is because in Alaska one finds the subspecies Alces alces gigas and they are indeed the largest subspecies of moose. The Scandivian moose compare to the subspecies of moose found in the continental US and most of Canada (excluding northern British Columbia, Alberta and of course the Yukon).

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote