posted
Here is a good load for Russian Boar
in the 30-06

Case--I use either Win or RP, Neck sized

46.0 IMR 4064
200 grain Nosler Partition
COL= 3.213"
CCI Large Rifle primer
These will group 1" out of a 1st generation Browning A bolt. Equipped with a 3-12x Redfield Ultimate Illuminator.

This load is a Book Max load so work up.

------------------
Safety & Ethics,Accuracy, Velocity, Energy
Joe M

[This message has been edited by JoeM (edited 05-21-2001).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would use a 220 gr Hornady or Sierra RN with 56 gr of Rel 22.

------------------
May I be half the man my dog thinks I am.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
My Russian Boar stopper is a 7 rem with 175 Hornandy, believe it or not the thing works wonders.

I killed two boar in Argentina with it. The first a tad under 300 lbs rolled with one shot at 120 yards. The second we stalked to within 15 feet of in the Pampas, at the direction of my guide I shot it once in the hip (all that was visible in the 10' grass) and it proceeded to charge. The next round was shot at an oblique at 10 feet, stopped it dead in its tracks. He probably weighed out a little over 300 or so.

The 270 150 grain round nose works wonders as well, hunting a preserve with dogs, my only shot was a texas heart shot of sorts. My shot entered through the rear hip of the pig and eventually landed in the heart, dropping it within 5 feet. The shot was maybe 20 yards.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 07-02-2001).]

<10point>
posted

Joe you might want to try the Fed HR load ,with the partition, at least as a backup load if you start havin a problem with your loads.

They are fast and really hit with authority. The partition is a great bullet............10