Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .375 H&H loads for 300gr bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
JBM,

The past few weeks have been busy for me, so not much time to experiment. I'll let you know what I come up with when I do. However my load with the 300gr Hornady RN, 67.0gr of IMR-4064 and a standard CCI200 primer gives me 2550fps over my chrono and no pressure signs. Groups with the iron sights are quite acceptable (the 200 yard group was 3") and it's accurate and happens to shoot dead-on for my express sights at 50, 100 and 200 yards for all three leaves. What more could I ask for? I'll probably stick with this load but I will try Swifts and Woodleighs also to see if they do as well. But for plinking and practice this is a fantastic combo for my M77 and very affordable compared to the premiums.

For scoped use I'll probably go with the 300gr Swift A-Frame for it's higher BC at longer ranges. But for the iron sights and the kind of ranges they'd be used at I like the RN bullets.

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PS: Thanks fellas for the input, I've put those loads on my list of things to try.

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote