THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FAVORITE LOADS FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 15 inch 7-08 Encore.................
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
Steve-It is not too lightly constructed for 2475 fps. I use it in a 20" 7mm Bullberry at 2505 fps, and it performs exceedingly well. In 2002, I took my best buck ever at 108 yards, and the bullet penetrated from the onside shoulder to the opposite side ham -- and retained an incredible 114 grains (perfect mushroom).

I have heard, too, that Sierra may have discontinued this bullet but can't say for sure. They, did, however, drop the .30 caliber SSP. I'll e-mail Rich today and see whether or not the 7mm, 130 grain SSP is still available and will post the results.

Even if they have, there are plenty of these around on dealer shelves to get you by for a while.

Posts: 9337 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Steve-I just got a reply from Rich at Sierra, and the news is not good regarding the 7mm, 130 grain SSP. Following is part of his reply:

"...Current supplies are subject to demand and will not be replenished at this point. Demand could change that but for now we have no plans to build this bullet again. Sorry! There just isn't any demand now."

Posts: 9337 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Steve-
The deer don't run much bigger here, so it will certainly work just fine. In '02, I used that bullet on 3 deer with the 7mm Bullberry and have used it a lot prior to that and since then as well. Back in the 80s/early 90s, when I shot XPs quite a bit, I burned uip lots of those bullets in the 7mm BR (and a few in various caliebrs in Contenders) and have always been pleased with its performance.

Good luck...

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Bobby, thats what I wanted to hear as that is the bullet that is the most accurate so far for me in the Encore pistol. It sounds like the bullet acted kinda like a Partition in the case you had. Most of the deer back home run around 80 lb. to 150lb. and the 130 should do just fine. Thanks again.

Steve E...........

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote