New
Find
Notify
Tools

308 Berger bullets, your favorite load data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not much info on Berger's, just looking for someone who has a good load for a 308, 26" barrel, 1-10twist. Any grain.

Posts: 50 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 24 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I guess you are looking for 308 Win loads. I have a couple of 300 RUM loads with Berger 185VLD's if you need 'em. God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes, WIN loads, sorry I should have put this down.

Posts: 50 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 24 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RenegadeRN
posted Hide Post
Find Walt Berger's email addy and he will send you loading data directly. I do not have it off the top of my head, but he is an outstanding top notch guy in my book. He has really helped me.

'I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all.'

Posts: 171 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I started working up a load with Berger 185s for my Browning A-bolt 300wsm. I used the Creighton Audit method at 300 yds. The entire string of bullets made a 5" group. That was 8 bullets of .5gr increase of R17 from 61.0-64.5. I think you can't go wrong with these bullets. They sure sure fine out of my rifle.

Posts: 328 | Location: Southwest Idaho | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRAMSAY10:
I started working up a load with Berger 185s for my Browning A-bolt 300wsm. I used the Creighton Audit method at 300 yds. The entire string of bullets made a 5" group. That was 8 bullets of .5gr increase of R17 from 61.0-64.5. I think you can't go wrong with these bullets. They sure sure fine out of my rifle.

The 300WSM data won't help much, but Walt Berger did send the load data. You still have to work with it to get them perfect! There pretty intense bullets to get them shooting consistant.

308 load data!