THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    My old roping partner found fame and fortune I think!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My old roping partner found fame and fortune I think!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Watching TV the other day and low and behold I see this guy on his horse riding hell for leather after wild cattle, country was surely Arizona, He roped the cow, tied it down and went to his horse and pulled out his YETI water mug and got a big drink of water..I told my wife hey that's Travis, she said well surely not, but it does look like him..It turns out it was. He is doing the YETI commercials and Travis is a cowboy for sure..

Travis and I have roped together a few times and I watched his good wife grow up and Ive known the family for years.

Now the tie in here is he is the one that sent my the old 17 year old blue mare to me as posted in a previous post here..This mare has won a ton of money in her career and she and I bonded right off and were roping strong, mostly because she is so fast and so automatic..My old horse died and travis said meet me in Fallon Nv.Im bringing you a heel horse..Good frinds count in life..I'll take her back to Arizona in February to have her colt. Hopefully get her back next summer after she has weaned her colt..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
That is pretty neat. My boss and his family are, and my Grand Dad was a horse person.

They are neat animals and I enjoy watching folks that can get them to work, do their thing.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I never got into team roping, no one would partner with me because I rope left handed. Frowner

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I woulda made you ride on the left side.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lefty is at a terrible advantage in team roping..They make damn good calf ropers however.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Too bad they didn't get you in the commercial too. But I suppose they would have had to put some rust on that YETI cup to fit your age! rotflmo lol

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep and the rust would have to match my spurs, bridle and even my old mares horseshoes..Nothings new in my camp!! old

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ray, anyone who still spends time in the saddle at your age is a blessed man, for sure.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir, Ive been blessed with horses all my life, Gods perfect creature. When I watch a horse perform, especially in slow motion, I nearly break up and get tears in my eyes..Always been like that.

Sending Cinderella home to her owner to have her colt and might get her back next summer, in the meantime I bought another horse to ride this winter. see that new post about this horse who will think he has died and gone to heaven in my corral and pasture.. tu2

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120