THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Anyone here like Wade Saddles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here like Wade Saddles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted
Anyone here like Wade Saddles? I'm talking solid wood horn and a slick back seat.

Posts: 1073 | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bullwaller
posted Hide Post
I ride a full Association.Any thing happens in a Wade you get splattered.

Shoot first. Never trust horses or women and very few mules.

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ride a wade. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Posts: 210 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a Wade and a Will James. I find I catch the bucking rolls on the Wade a lot quicker then the swells on the James. I really like the wade. It is built by Fandek Saddles and it couldn't be a better fitting, better riding saddle in my opinion.

Posts: 6 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bullwaller
posted Hide Post
Seems like every time I get farted off it's me and the saddle slung off over their head like a wet wife beater t-shirt.That tends to scratch the saddle and you up a bit. I had Bruce Cheaney put a dee ring for a crupper on the last full association he built me. Now a crupper goes on everthing.If anybody says anything I just say "You couldn't catch this idiot much less saddle him."

Shoot first. Never trust horses or women and very few mules.

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the Wade tree, but I want my saddle horn covered with leather and wrapped with rubber..A Wade or a association suits me just fine..The Wade is probably the most comfortable saddle made if built right, and that applies to any saddle...The association or modified association is a nice saddle..I can ride one as well as the other, if I had to depend on the swells to stay in a saddle then I would probably give up cowboying, besides you can get squaw tits for the wade and tie a piece of rope around the swell to get a hold of if you need it....

One saddle is as good as another if its built right and its comfortable. I team rope in what is close to a modified association and it has a 14.5 inch tree for team roping that keeps me up front in the saddle, but the wade I ride has a 15.5 or 16 inch tree, as they are two totally diffent saddles, both work.

Books have been written on the subject.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems like every time I get farted off it's me and the saddle slung off over their head like a wet wife beater t-shirt.That tends to scratch the saddle and you up a bit. I had Bruce Cheaney put a dee ring for a crupper on the last full association he built me. Now a crupper goes on everthing.If anybody says anything I just say "You couldn't catch this idiot much less saddle him."

There is so much jargon in there I need an interpreter!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
The Wades I have are comfortable but the bucking rolls are really too small to be of much real use. But better than nothing.

If you look close there is a ring for the crupper.

Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will

You need to cut off the groceries on that mule!

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Growing up in the depression area a crouper was just something else to buy, you can bet the same effect and somewhat better by breaking a mule to accept a flank cinch pulled back into the flank, much like a bucking horse flank, once they accept it, nothing beats it, and when you snug it up snug the crap out of it..A couper on the other hand is bad about rubbing if you put a lot of hard miles every day on them..I have used both and don't mind them but prefer the thin flank snugged up..The you have the tail harness for lack of the proper word and they seem to work very well. I have used them and found no complaint with them..

If a saddle is custom built for your/a mule, then all you need is a cinch and a regular flank, but few people go to the expense of a custom made mule saddle..If you have a really good mule, then I would have a custom saddle made for him.

On a horse I would not use any of the above, a flank tethered to the cinch and both pulled equally works fine on all horses with few exceptions and if it doesn't its most likely the riders lack of horsemanship or an improperly built saddle for that particular horse.

But most of all a saddle has fit your horse and if it does not then all you will get in return is trouble, weather or not you recognize it..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstevens:
Will

You need to cut off the groceries on that mule!

Hey, quit picking on my mule! And besides she's fatter now than when that pic was taken.

It was bad angle, the camera adds a hundred pounds, ...., you name it.

I love my mule. She's broke. Don't give crap what she looks like. And I don't really want a throughbred mule. To hard to get into the saddle for this old man.

Mules aren't horses but I'd take one over any horse.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You're right Ray. Britchin is better than a crupper but I just use a crupper when needed. I ride flat fly-over country anyway!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like my wade, wouldnt want anything else. I made a horn cover out of a brahma calfs scrotum after he kicked the crap out of me. Its was real pretty for a while, solid white, now its just rawhide. Wrapped the horn with a bicycle tube, where I live and work cows, if you rope someting, you normally gotta put the breaks on pretty quick. Mined not near as pretty as the oned in the pictures though, its gotta a scuff marks. LOL

Posts: 141 | Location: FL to WV | Registered: 06 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of aoudadhunter
posted Hide Post
Can't stand em! I like some swells when things get western. I think they're too hard to dally even if you only need 1 good wrap.

Bar B Diamond Outfitters
Specializing in Free Range Aoudad Sheep hunts.
Also offering all Texas native game and many exotics.

Posts: 131 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKenzie Outfitters
posted Hide Post
Nephew got a billy cook wade saddle....he loves it

Monty McKenzie
McKenzie Outfitters
204-824-2440
info@mckenzieoutfitters.ca
www.mckenzieoutfitters.ca

Posts: 66 | Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: 11 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I like wade tree saddles. Of course a good built saddle is a good built saddle and a crappy one is a crappy one regardless of style. I have abandoned the bucking rolls. If you ride the horse and not the saddle you'll never miss them.

J.W. Wright of Mad Cow Saddlery built my latest one. This is it when it was new

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Painted Horse
posted Hide Post
Nice looking saddle

Posts: 232 | Location: Utah | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know him, where does he live?

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depending on swells to ride a bucking horse is certain death! Smiler Ride your stirrups, let them take the hit each jump..Its been working for me for years...I rode the association saddle only for rodeo in the bronc riding but lately I have been riding a modiifed association for team roping and I like it, but its built to keep me up forward to rope..Its OK for riding all day, but I sure would rather have a wade...I don't use squaw tits or bucking rolls whatever you call them, but I might if someone gave me a pair...Smiler

I sure might trade a nice custom rifle for a nice Wade saddle if any of you guys are interested..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElCaballero:
I like wade tree saddles. Of course a good built saddle is a good built saddle and a crappy one is a crappy one regardless of style. I have abandoned the bucking rolls. If you ride the horse and not the saddle you'll never miss them.

J.W. Wright of Mad Cow Saddlery built my latest one. This is it when it was new

Nice saddle, very clean

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
Not a wade, but I like roping saddles, so I am going to post my latest here.

R.E. Beahm maker

~~~

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Nice looking saddle. What tree is that?

It's kinda funny that saddles went through that low-cantle fad many years ago. Now all high cantles. Need that to stay in the saddle. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Nice looking saddle. What tree is that?

It's kinda funny that saddles went through that low-cantle fad many years ago. Now all high cantles. Need that to stay in the saddle. Smiler

It's a custom tree by Matt Miller. I bought the saddle used from a guy who has a ranch in the San Diego area with way too much disposable income. This was one of many he had built by various tree and saddle makers.

I like the high-backs, too!

~~~