Find
Notify
Tools

2017 Rides
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Painted Horse
posted
Each year I make up a video of where I ride. Used to do it for my dad who couldn't get on the horses. But since he has passed. I just do it because it documents where I rode during the year.

I posted it on a few sites in December and kinda forgot about sharing it here. But somebody sent me a private message saying he liked watching my videos. So I'll share this for those of you who have the patience to watch it.

It's an hour long, It's chronological, Jan at the start and December at the end. Most of it is filmed in Utah, But some of it is up around Yellowstone (Easter Idaho and Western Wyoming). I added titles for each area, so you have some idea of where I was riding. I can be seen riding three differnt horses that I own. A buckskin Mare that I bred last June and which is due to drop a foal next week, My black Gelding and a young 3 year old Red Dunn gelding that I was starting last summer.

I'm sure many of you have way more horse savey than I will every obtain. So no boasting or bragging about my skills. Just showing some of the beauty I get to see from the back of a horse

Enjoy if you are of a mind to watch

Jon

https://youtu.be/W9VXOGLggU0

Posts: 232 | Location: Utah | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AWESOME!
I love the photos with the horses ears in them.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
Great record you have there, to be cherished forever.

Posts: 779 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great video..My favorite hunt is to ride the base of rimrocks with my 25-35 or 30-30 in a saddle scabbard and jump a buck out, step off and shoot off hand..usually at under a 100 yards in that type of hunting. Takes a good mountain horse that was raised in the country your hunting..Gut the deer get him in your lap and ride to camp or the ranch house, if he is too big then hang the hindquarters on the back of the saddle the shoulders on the horn, tie the backstraps behind the cantle, and carry the head or horns in your hand so you can toss them if things go south!! I didn't know there was any other way until I left home at about 19 or 20..The video brings back a lot of fine memories. thanks.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
So far in the first 14 and a half minutes:

1) The kid is on a mule.

2) A horse gets hung up on a stirrup(?) and falls off a bridge.

The question is:

Why would I want a horse? Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If for no other reason than the option is riding a damn mule, Gods gift to the cowboy for his sinning ways!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote