THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    What's the best way to put a horse down?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the best way to put a horse down?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Two tone
posted
A friend has asked me to put down her horse. It's going blind. The horse is special to her and she wants it done at home without stressing out the horse with travel etc.

I've never killed a horse. I'm looking for suggestions on the quickest, most humane way of doing it.

Do I shoot it in the X between the ears and eyes or behind the ear or what. I'd really like for this horse to just fall in the hole and not move again.

I'll likely use a 45/70 or 30/30.

Thanks

Reading the Instructions - a sure sign of weakness and uncertainty.

Posts: 147 | Location: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: 22 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally I am sorry to hear it, putting any horse down makes my soul ache.
Unfortunately I have had to do it many times.

Draw an X from left eye right ear, right eye left ear and stand back a few feet before you pull the trigger.
I have had at least one that lurched forward when shot.
Not far enough to hit me but dang sure enough to make me jump back.

All I can say is that if this is an old friend and partner I am sure that you will do it with regret and dignity.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can give him a shot of tranquilizer and then shoot him between the eyes...or just have the vet give him a shot...Shooting can be pretty gorey sometimes.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray has a great point, having a vet do it is by far the best way to go for all concerned.
If however you do have to shoot it due to money constraints or whatever if I could off a little more advice.
Have your friend say her goodbyes and then get in her car and leave, I assure you that she is not going to want to be any where near when it goes down, no matter what she may say.

Don't allow it, she sill suffer and believe it or not but even though you are doing her a favor there is a good chance it will ruin your friendship.
Not meaning to be a jerk here but as we all know women are wired different.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Two tone
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input.

This thread is duplicated in the American Big Game Hunting section where there are a lot more posts. Lets move it over there. Sorry for the duplication.

Posts: 147 | Location: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: 22 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Backhoe and a pistol

Cowboy Up
People Sleep peaceful in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who would do them harm
-George Orwell

Posts: 18 | Location: The Bitteroot MT | Registered: 19 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
new to this forum, but why does everyone think of a pistol first. I too have had this chore to do, and a pistol will not always do it cleanly, even a 44. Use a twelve gauge and the animal will not ever know anything happened. A favor for a friend is not a good time to come up short.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bucko:
Ray has a great point, having a vet do it is by far the best way to go for all concerned.
If however you do have to shoot it due to money constraints or whatever if I could off a little more advice.
Have your friend say her goodbyes and then get in her car and leave, I assure you that she is not going to want to be any where near when it goes down, no matter what she may say.

Don't allow it, she sill suffer and believe it or not but even though you are doing her a favor there is a good chance it will ruin your friendship.
Not meaning to be a jerk here but as we all know women are wired different.
PLUS ONE HERE!

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bucko:

Around here, you're probably looking at a 200. vet bill. Shooting in the indicated manner is regarded as humane, though obviously, location is going to dictate if it's practical. Before you do it, might be wise to plan ahead for disposing of the carcass.

Griz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Horses are far too beautiful and majestic to be shot if there are other means available. An intravenous overdose of barbiturate is far more peaceful and dignified. I suppose I'm a bit biased being a veterinarian.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
ACRecurve I hear what you are saying but must confess that in some instances it all boils down to practicality. Where I was raised dignified or not we just took care of things as they came up, my dog got hit by a pickup when I was a kid and we shot it to end its misery, our dog mauled our cat so we shot it to put it out of its misery, neighbors dogs were chasing cattle and deer so we shot them, do you see a pattern? This horse is at the end of its life and probably in misery just shoot it and be done with it. However that is the way I was raised others will have differeing opinions and if you feel that emotionally you can't "shoot it" or if you question your ability to humanely "shoot it" and accomplish the task call a vet and pay the money. Dignified animal or not if it is in misery end it.
I've seen animals put down by drugs by vets and I must confess that the look of confusion in their eye while they are trying to keep their feet under them before they go down doesn't look any more dignified than the other option.

I'd like the original poster to chime in and let us know if he accomplished the task or if he hired it out?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Hey Snellstrom,

I understand expedience. Even as a veterinarian I've had to shoot some livestock when lethal injection was impossible or impractical. I wasn't passing judgment, just giving my $0.02. Certainly a well placed bullet will end a horse's life quickly and painlessly...no doubt about it. Have a good one!

Good hunting,

Andy

Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACRecurve:
Certainly a well placed bullet will end a horse's life quickly and painlessly...no doubt about it.

No offense to you or your profession, but one bullet is a whole lot less expensive than the vet's bill. If a 22 long rifle works well on 1300# beef cattle, it'll work well on a horse, too. Although I always slit the steer's throat to get a good bleed. Wouldn't hurt on the horse to make sure it wasn't just stunned. But some folks don't like to get that close and personal.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Two tone
posted Hide Post
The horse has 'Moonblindness' and has lost sight in one eye. It was expected to lose all vision quite quickly but the condition has stabilized.

So far the horse is operating quite nicely on one eye and the owner is very happy to have more time to spend riding him.

If/when the time comes I'll report on how it goes.

Some background:

-She wants the horse buried on her land, therefore the vet cannot be involved. The vet bill is not the issue.

-While illegal to bury a horse on your land here, common sense tells me that it is a non issue so I don't really care about that aspect of it.

-Since she and nobody in her family has the heart to do it, she asked me if I could do it when the time came. I'm ok with it since I'm not attached to the horse. This thread was started in an effort to make sure I make a proper job of it.

-Enough time has passed now that chances are she may choose another option if/when the time comes. Who knows?

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
quote:
Originally posted by ACRecurve:
Certainly a well placed bullet will end a horse's life quickly and painlessly...no doubt about it.

No offense to you or your profession, but one bullet is a whole lot less expensive than the vet's bill. If a 22 long rifle works well on 1300# beef cattle, it'll work well on a horse, too. Although I always slit the steer's throat to get a good bleed. Wouldn't hurt on the horse to make sure it wasn't just stunned. But some folks don't like to get that close and personal.
No offense taken. I limited my practice to small animals about 10 years ago. Big Grin

Good hunting,

Andy

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
No offense to you or your profession, but one bullet is a whole lot less expensive than the vet's bill. If a 22 long rifle works well on 1300# beef cattle, it'll work well on a horse, too.

I am a board certified equine surgeon and have killed a train load of horses in a variety of ways over the years. Certainly a .22 LR will do the trick but often times not cleanly. Bell shot ele with his 7X57 but not what is recommended by most PH's.

I was shot in the head at point blank range with a .22 LR 28 yrs ago and I ain't dead yet! Much to some's chagrin. Still pack the lead in the back of my neck.

Lethal injection is definitely the "BEST" for all concerned however, I realize money can be tight these days.

The x from ear to eye is the best method and if to err, slightly high is best.

I would recommend a large bore rifle like a .444 Marlin, .45-70, or even a .45 LC or .44 mag. The rifle for increased accuracy and the ability to stand back about 10 feet.

Be ready for a flood of blood from the nose and the horse will likely lunge forward a bit. All-in-all effective but not the prettiest of sights if you like horses.

I have known a few that made me cry with their passing and some I would have glady of killed with a ball-peen hammer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37743 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had to put a few animals down

I would shoot the Horse in the brain with a powerful handgun. I would be reared to shoot more than once, and I would not want the owners to be able to see it.

I would tell them that I fired more than once to be sure that the animal did not suffer.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
I would go with the high power handgun, I'd just make sure I would stand my weight on the rear foot ready to move back & wear eye protection, Ported barrel handguns are in use for road casualties like Deer/ Cattle, etc; over here, to make sure muzzle obstruction problems don't arise, Good to hear of the stabilisation of the condition! thumb

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
I have had to put a few animals down

I would shoot the Horse in the brain with a powerful handgun. I would be reared to shoot more than once, and I would not want the owners to be able to see it.

I would tell them that I fired more than once to be sure that the animal did not suffer.

Firing more than once would suggest to some (particularly those who want to make a fuss) that you botched the first shot, and the animal did suffer. I agree that it's not something most owners would want to see. LOTS of blood.

I've shot my share of horses, too. Handguns were out of the question, and I'd be too worried about over-penetration with a rifle. I always used a 12 ga. slug. Never over-penetrated and always dropped them like a sack of bricks.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I got old enough for a repeating shotgun, my 20 ga singleshot went into the toolbox on the pickup. It was used to put down horses when necesary. Very effective and never more than one shot needed. I wouldn't use a .22 or a handgun to put a horse down unless it was all I had.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
No offense to you or your profession, but one bullet is a whole lot less expensive than the vet's bill. If a 22 long rifle works well on 1300# beef cattle, it'll work well on a horse, too.

I am a board certified equine surgeon and have killed a train load of horses in a variety of ways over the years. Certainly a .22 LR will do the trick but often times not cleanly. Bell shot ele with his 7X57 but not what is recommended by most PH's.

I was shot in the head at point blank range with a .22 LR 28 yrs ago and I ain't dead yet! Much to some's chagrin. Still pack the lead in the back of my neck.

Lethal injection is definitely the "BEST" for all concerned however, I realize money can be tight these days.

The x from ear to eye is the best method and if to err, slightly high is best.

I would recommend a large bore rifle like a .444 Marlin, .45-70, or even a .45 LC or .44 mag. The rifle for increased accuracy and the ability to stand back about 10 feet.

Be ready for a flood of blood from the nose and the horse will likely lunge forward a bit. All-in-all effective but not the prettiest of sights if you like horses.

I have known a few that made me cry with their passing and some I would have glady of killed with a ball-peen hammer.

I don't know a damned thing about horses, but I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks. Curiousity forces me to ask: was your getting shot accidental or intentional?

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
I have had to put a few horses down and have had success with a 12 bore. I study the anatomy of the head (figure out where the brain is located and especially useful if you have a horse or zebra skull handy) and stay reasonably close.
Use decent size shot, such as No. 1 or AAA.

Posts: 786 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been told a 50cc oxygen bubble injected into the corotid artery does the trick without all the mess.

Though not necissarily with the animal standing in it's own grave.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was in my early high school years and working during Christmas break on a pretty good size ranch I witnessed a stud horse being put down. One of the hired men had went home to get his Ruger 44 Blackhawk. That grey horse took all 6 shots and still was wollering around in the snow. One of the Damndest things I ever saw. The foreman was telling him to shoot again, but he was out of cartridges. I never will forget that day.

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
If you have to shoot one, use a 12 gauge, not a pistol, unless you have no choice.

Is it a little bit twisted that the most popular thread in the horse forum is on how to kill one?

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I was asked to this for a friend, I would ask someone my friend dont know to do it, so he/she not think "theres the one who killed my horse" everytime they see me.

STIGSmiler

Posts: 87 | Location: Norway | Registered: 28 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan DeGroot:
I've been told a 50cc oxygen bubble injected into the corotid artery does the trick without all the mess.

Though not necissarily with the animal standing in it's own grave.

I assume it would work well enough if done right. It has been my experience with large animals is that even less people can catch a vein easily then could get one shot cleanly. I think mainlining a horse is fairly easy but I think not that many "average" horse owners can. Heck how many "backyard" horse owners even give their own shots? The vet that calls on the remuda here tells me he makes a killing just giving "pet" horses their vaccinations.

AD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not a vet nor a professor of equine anatomy but have had the occasion to put down one old horse. It was not a pleasant experience and would not do again unless absolutely necessary. Drugs would be much preferable to me. I thought that between the eyes with a 30-40 Krag would be a sure thing. Horses have a hard forehead I guess. Took a second shot behind the ear toward the brain to finish the job unfortunately. Would use this as the desired place for the bullet placement for sure. Safer for you as well?
Bruce

Posts: 514 | Location: now in Lower Slower Delaware | Registered: 21 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
My grandfather had 4 separate horse operations--
worked lots of horses growing up
and much like ledvm said--

"I have known a few that made me cry with their passing and some I would have gladly of killed with a ball-peen hammer."

Last one a big syringe of T-61 in the neck vein, fell almost instantly, never twitched---
first one-- I'd rather not discuss.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Two tone:
A friend has asked me to put down her horse. It's going blind. The horse is special to her and she wants it done at home without stressing out the horse with travel etc.

I've never killed a horse. I'm looking for suggestions on the quickest, most humane way of doing it.

Do I shoot it in the X between the ears and eyes or behind the ear or what. I'd really like for this horse to just fall in the hole and not move again.

I'll likely use a 45/70 or 30/30.

Thanks

Huge difference between a 45/70 and a 30/30. If this horse is a pet and companion, shooting it will be traumatic.

Hire a vet. The vet is trained and equipped to take care of the animal, and the owner. Cost needs to be put into the perspective of tack, food, shelter, care. You knew you were going to spend some money when you got the horse. A good horse deserves this last consideration.

It's NOT an execution. Hire a vet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had to shoot my wife's horse.It was the hardest thing I have ever done.I used the 30-30 and the mare didn't suffer,one shot is all it took.I have shot more dogs than I care to remember,they were ones that were dropped out in the country by good town folks.Just make sure that she is elsewhere if you do this thing.Better for all involved.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know a damned thing about horses, but I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks. Curiousity forces me to ask: was your getting shot accidental or intentional?

It was intentional...just don't know what the intent was to this day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37743 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've used pistols, nothing smaller than a .38, though.If I couldn't drop a horse with ONE shot at ten feet from MY .44, I'd throw it in the river and never touch a gun AGAIN. Sounds like that guy was scared of his...
Yes, ABSOLUTELY, make her say her goodbyes and leave, and give her at least five minutes to get out of hearing. If you lay the muzzle against his hair it will muffle the shot down to a thump or pop.
Whether you're attached to the horse or not, it's STILL going to Hurt some, unless you are a heartless b&^%$#@. HOWEVER, they do say that sometimes we have to be Cruel to be Kind, and it's True. Aesthetics are NOT important, here, OR our 'Refined Sensibilities'. What MATTERS is Ending the Pain and Suffering as QUICKLY and painlessly as possible. Personally, I have a Fear and Loathing of syringes, so give ME the bullet in the brain, EVERY time!
It took me years to get to where I could Put Down one of our family friends/pets, be it Dog, Cat, horse, hog, cow, whatever. I STILL get all misty-eyed eyed and Down for a few hours, but I remind myself that my Friend is no longer suffering. It's odd, for I never blink an eye at killing an animal I intend to eat. What's Up with that?
Anyway, glad to hear the horse has stabilized. He'll be Fine with just one eye, had a few around the farm, just DON'T walk up on his blind side unless you LIKE getting your brains kicked out. We were not so lucky, our 23-year-old Work Horse got Ringbone, and nothing the vet could do could keep his forefoot from literally rotting off. He was one of very few friends I had as a kid, and my brother and Grandpa never said a word at the tears on my face, they were crying, too. I was glad I was away Truckin' when our 35-year-old riding horse went. Crippling arthritis locked him up til he could barely move without OBVIOUS signs of pain. But tender-hearted as I am, I have NOTHING for people who will let an animal lay and die in pain and terror. We are Humans, and that's supposed to MEAN Something. The very word Humane is built on this. I have learned that, many times, Humane is the Civilized Way of saying 'Sometimes a Man's got to Do What a Man's Got to Do.' If you have no gun, surely you have knife. if not, well, look around for a big rock. STOP the Misery.
KY Jim

Posts: 225 | Location: East Kentucky | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I have had the displeasure of having to put down an animal or two in my day and I learned real quick that a pistol is not the way to do things even on an animal the size of a dog.

We used a 30-30 or a shotgun with a slug in the chamber. It was always quick and took care of business like pulling a light switch down.

I have wittnessed the game waden shoot deer in the head with his 9mm Luger and the deer 3 minutes later try to get up again. Then the warden had to come over and shoot it twice more while it struggled to get up again. Not a pretty sight by any means.

I once put a cat down that we thought had rabies possibly. I shot it with a .357 magnum Super Vel bullet and it ran like a race horse in a 40 foot circle for two complete turns before it dropped dead. I like the 30-30 the best with a 170 grain bullet, it works proper.

Posts: 334 | Location: America | Registered: 23 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ironbender
posted Hide Post
A .38 is plenty to kill a horse or steer...IF...the shot is properly placed in the brain. The problem is too many people shoot an animal in the head, but miss the brain.

If you suspect an animal of rabies, DO NOT, DO NOT, shoot it in the head. Brain tissue is used for making the rabies determination and the necropsy is extremely difficult after a head shot. BTDT.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.

Posts: 113 | Location: In the shadow of the Kenai mountains. | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We shoot elephant, deer, lions, kudus, zebras, moose, elk,but not a horse because it is to dignified. Excuse the pun but where do we draw the line? Just asking?

Posts: 67 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 19 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
...or just have the vet give him a shot...

What Ray said. Horses are far too noble to be shot, unless there is no other alternative, IMEO.

Good hunting,

Andy

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

It was intentional...just don't know what the intent was to this day.

Holy shit. Glad you're still with us. You're one tough sonofabitch. Wink You ever make it up to Boston and feel like it, I've got the first coupla' rounds...

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just like Buko described in the very first post. Works equally well with cattle. We always used a .22 pistol and a hollow point. Never had a single one that did not go straight down.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Killing the animal isn't the hard part, it's the pain they are in before you shoot them. Our neighborhood had a local custom. If a pet needed to be shot get a neighbor to do it. The pain of shooting your own animal can be just awfull.

When I was little we came home from church and could hear the dog whimpering. Dad ran over to the combine and found the dog laying under it with his back broke- he'd been drive over. Dad ran in the house, grabbed a shotgun, crawled under the combine in a white dress shirt and black pants and shot the dog. He came out with tears running down his face. Only time I've ever seen him cry.

Dad had one requirement: Always tie the animal up before you shoot it that way the animal can't run off after a bad shot.

TED

It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance

Posts: 249 | Location: kentucky USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote