New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tucker Saddle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone here of a Tucker saddle. I was given a Tucker saddle and it is missing What I call the girth . It has three buckles that attaches it to the saddle. It is an Indurace saddle for a Gaited Horse.I would like to find the Girth ,
I have a Spotted / Walker Tobiano that i need it for it fits him. Any help will be apreciated.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found some info , Its a first generation saddle. Tucker is still made . also found a local Tucker dealer. Thanks to all who looked.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen them and know some guys that use them..IMO they are junk saddles...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok Ray whats a good Saddle , I also have a Circle Y .

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I really like our Billy Cook and our Circle Y saddles.
A good saddle is one that fits your horse and is comfortable on you and works for the job it is intended to do. Anything over and above that is just frosting on the cake.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best saddles, like rifles, are custom made saddles..In the factory saddles and IMO the best ones are Todd Sloane, Martin, NRS, Cactus and in that order...You can get an NRS catalog at 800-476-6746 and a Smith Bros. catalog at 800-433-5558..These two stores are the most well stocked companies for the western at heart! The stuff is quality.

Billy Cook used to trade me saddles for my registered Beef Master bulls. When Billy made those saddles they were the best..Today Billy Cook and Circle Y saddles are pretty good saddles. From a roping standpoint, the circle Ys are OK for general use but can't seem to stand up under roping heavy cattle or horses, but in all honesty I would only recommend a custom made saddle, a Todd Slone, or Martin, for roping.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Ray, saddles are specific to the job.

Tuckers are reasonable saddles ... the endurance riders I know that use them seem to like them quite a bit. They're well built -- for the money.

You know, I'm thinking more like Ray. The next saddle I buy will be custom. That's not to say that Tuckers are bad. I tried one out a time or two, and they just didn't work for me, but compared to similarly priced saddles (which Ray doesn't realize that some people actually ride for years and years) they're well-built.

There's an outfitters supply company in Montana that sells quite a few.

So, to answer your question, if you haven't already, go to tucker.com or whatever it's called, or outfitterssupply.com, and get your girth and enjoy your saddle.

If it fits your butt and the horse's back, and seems to last for a number of years, and applies itself to whatever equine discipline you enjoy, then great. If not, well, call Ray.

Posts: 143 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The simple fact is that the good handmade saddles will cost you a good bit of cash, but are worth every penny. I also will agree with Ray that the old Billy Cook saddles were OK, the newer ones are just another mass produced saddle. The best part is that the price on the good saddles go up fast enough that you ride one for two years, and you can sell it used for what you paid for it new. That said there is a lot of difference between buying a saddle to trail ride once a month and riding almost every night. Try to find a trainer who rides an off the shelf mass produced saddle. They pay $2500-$4500 for a good one because they can ride it for 25 years, where the others under heavy use are shot in two years, and you're more comfortable every day.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the advise and opions . I ride all the time the Horses are at the house and we have more than a 1000 ac. The custom saddle is a good Idea but that more in likely cost more than the Horse, so that aint gone to happen.

one of us
posted Hide Post
blaser93

Get some more expensive horses! You will never lose much money on a saddle, but you probably will on a horse. Common horses are pretty much worthless at the moment, too damn many. About 99% of the studs around need to be cut, and the ordinary mares need to be ridden, not bred.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most folks think of their own comfort when it comes to saddles, the fact is a good saddle that FITS a horse is only humane and you will get much better results and cooperation from your horse...I don't care what a horse costs or is worth, he deserves good feed and a proper fitting saddle, that is all he gets for his hard work.

If you can't give him that then your better off selling him and buying a 4 wheeler, bike or something that does not require care.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120