THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Good Hotel in Gothenburg Sweden?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Hotel in Gothenburg Sweden?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
One of our horses (and a family member) has been chosen to represent Canada as a member of the Canadian National Team to the World Cup Grand Prix in Sweden April 21 to 28. I would like my wife to get the true ambiance of Sweden, as this will be her first time there. Can anyone here recommend a good hotel in Gothenburg, which would be one a financially sound Swede would choose for lodging himself or herself for a week? Thanks for all suggestions....

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
i dont know about the hotels, but a big congratulations from here. and we might see eachother there, we are considering going to see the cup.

best regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First of congrats, its good to have people over, even though I wont be there my stepmother will, she is taking part in the judgeing of the comp as a training judge at the moment.

Lodging in Sweden is quite expensive, and hotels are not really all that super.

However here is a search engine for hotels in Gothenburg.

http://www.hotellguide.se/sverige/hotell/G%C3%B6teborg.html

This one is on a bit older, truer swedish style

Hotell Aveny Turist

http://www.hotellguide.se/hotell/Göteborg/Hotell_Aveny_Turist.html

Room are from about 100 USD a night, a price that is about average.

Upscale I would go for the Radisson or Elite plaza hotels, they are beyond my reach anyways,

Would you like other advice or perhaps have futher Q:s please give me a PM and I´ll try and sort them.

Best regards Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
One of our horses (and a family member) has been chosen to represent Canada as a member of the Canadian National Team to the World Cup Grand Prix in Sweden April 21 to 28. I would like my wife to get the true ambiance of Sweden, as this will be her first time there. Can anyone here recommend a good hotel in Gothenburg, which would be one a financially sound Swede would choose for lodging himself or herself for a week? Thanks for all suggestions....

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the well wishes, and the information, from both you guys. This will be sort of a "learning" trip. We have been to World Cups many times before, but never as a competitor up 'til now. Now cross your fingers for us...the horse is in an event with a $500,000 purse before we go to Sweden. Would be nice to earn some money there, but even more I hope the horse doesn't injure herself just before the Cup. Also want it to stay sound for the Pan-American games...

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote