THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    143 running of Kentucky Derby
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

143 running of Kentucky Derby
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Who do you think will win?

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The horse that crosses the finish line first. Big Grin Been involved with horses and horse people long enough to know, lots of background stuff that make prediction a crap shoot.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the track had a heavy early speed bias, exacerbated by the sloppy conditions. Nevertheless, even though the Derby is usually the graveyard of favorites, it seems pretty clear that the best horse won.

Or so I think until the Preakness.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
20 horses. f'in stupid

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
All about the entries and betting on same. 20 names to choose from drives most bets.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another year, another derby.

looks like two favorites from the same daddy.
Justify and Mendlesson (sp). Baffert is training Justify and Mike Smith is riding him. Gotta go with Justify.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends upon the track conditions and way too many other variable to accurately predict.

That's what makes it so interesting, IMO.

We are flying out this weekend from Colorado.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did pick justify and he won..I picked him because he was on a winning spree, but mostly because he was held off the track until he was 3..For years Ive wanted congress to pass a law that race horses couldn't run until their knees closed, about 3, but 4 is even better, as as they get stronger..but big money will never allow that because its a big investment and cash returns are needed and I understand that but if you can afford that caliber of horse, another year shouldn't make any difference...oh well, I don't have much pull in those circles, so it'll never happen. No, I didn't bet on him..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^
I agree 100%.

Also what is the deal with the TV commentator all dressed up like Liberace on acid?

Why are they trying to gay up The Kentucky Derby?

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a sad day my friend when they flaunt it at the Kentucky derby...I guess its "the thing" among the liberal population these days. Pardon me if I disagree with them, I know its not allowed for a conservative or anyone else to have a opposite opine than those folks, but screw'um...Im not a robot.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote