THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    300 grains @ 2965mv+14" wet compressed newsprint = ?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 grains @ 2965mv+14" wet compressed newsprint = ? Login/Join

<goneballistic>
posted
.75 caliber, of course!

Sierra .375" #3000, fired from a .378 Wby, 66% weight retention.

<Wolverine>
posted
What size groups do you get with this bullet in your .378 Weatherby? I was thinking of trying the 300 Sierra in mine.

<goneballistic>
posted
Nothing spectacular, around 1.25" at 100 yards. I'm sure I can get under 1" with some more work. It's just a matter of finding the time. Taking into account the little work I've put into it, I would recomend the Sierra. I know someone who gets unbelievable groups with them shooting his Ruger #1, in .375 H&H.

[This message has been edited by David M (edited 12-08-2001).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try that in dry newsprint or magazines.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41893 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<goneballistic>
posted
I did. 10.5" penetration and it practically shreds the bullet. I've got what's left around here somewhere, but it ain't pretty!