THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    The New Design of the Mod. 70 SuperGrade

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Design of the Mod. 70 SuperGrade Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
Well, this is a new one on me. The Supergrade in 300 RUM showed up today.

The bolt will not close. It is not even close!

It does have a nice piece of wood on it though!

Posts: 19321 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What the $#&^? Sounds like one hell of a rifle. Please sign me up for one! Another genius piece of work by Winchester. The quality control guy was on the wacky weed that day I guess.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I bet the lawyers are jumping for joy...I imagine the product liabilaty on that one is just about nil.....

Posts: 1649 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will,

I was unaware that Winchester made a "Super Grade" in 300 RUM. According to USRAC website they seem to be too.

USRAC (Winchester) M70 Supergrade catalog page

You would not be speaking of the MUCH more expensive "Custom Ultimate Classic" would you?

USRAC (Winchester) Custom Ultimate Classic catalog page

A $3000 rifle on which the bolt won't close is VERY bad in my opinion, very bad indeed!!

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
It is one leftover from last year.

Posts: 19321 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Well, you were probably going to turn into something bigger anyway, right? So this just gives you an excuse to really tear into it!

Honestly, that's just a crappy deal.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Will,

Does the bolt stop before it should going forward? Or does it not turn down to locked? Maybe something in the chamber, or a protruding screw?

At any rate, not good.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote