THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Any experience with .400 Pondoro?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience with .400 Pondoro? Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
Ray:

Your last post on my .404 Mauser got me thinking (a dangerous and potentially expensive thing). Anyone have any experience with the .400 Pondoro (a .338 case necked to .411). It should easily duplicate the lovely and venerable .450 x 400, with the added advantage of using .41 Magnum pistol bullets for practice loads. I know the .416 Taylor is more "practical", but since when is a big-bore about practical?

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a winner to me, you couldn't go wrong, one wildcat is as much trouble as the next..

I will attest to the effective of the 450-400 as did both Bell and Taylor, it may be the only thing they ever agreed on...but I have never known anyone who used the 450-400 who had a bad word on it, and that is rare....Penetration was its middle name and claim to fame, it definitely has that...and by recoil standards it is spelled RELIEF a pleasure to shoot and a maidens caress.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote