THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Rechambering a 375 H&H Mag

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rechambering a 375 H&H Mag Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can you guys recommend a new chambering for my Rem700 375 H&H. What options do I have to rechamber it and what kinda work is involved. Is it possible to go to 458 Lott and how safe is it to fire 458 Win Mag out of it. Can someone give me info on the 458 Lott and 458 Watts Mag.

Posts: 38 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 02 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your OK on all of the above. Thats easy work.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41893 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
You might want to check the African Hunting Forumn http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001975.html so I don't have to re-type.

The biggest you can go with the same case is the 470 capstick.

As far as what work is involved, depends on how involved you want it to be. A simple barrel job would be the start, possibly some work to the feed rails, and maybe a bigger extractor.

You'd likely be $'s ahead selling the 375 H&H, getting a CZ 550 458 win mag and having it re-chambered.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote