THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    For ArkyPete, the Ultra Ultra Lineup

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For ArkyPete, the Ultra Ultra Lineup Login/Join

one of us
posted
Or, what one may do with idle time!

Easy builds on the CZ550 action. Take your pick.

[This message has been edited by John Ricks (edited 07-18-2001).]

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I think I'm in love with that 416 Ultra. Looks like it's just the medicine that I need.
Thanks a bunch, this is going to be fun.
What do your think of making this a cast bullet cartridge?
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Darn photos keep expiring overnight!! Anyone know why? My photos are archived on Seattle Photo works. My guess is they have so many hits for posting images that thay have a 24 hr limit.

I will post the photo again!

Back to the cartridges, the 458 has a 460 gr hard cast lead bullet, with gas check and Thompson's blue high temp lube. The 458 would be the choice for a cast bullet gun, as so many molds are available vs the 416. JJHack had an excellent post several weeks ago in the african room about cast bullet pentration on elephant with the 458 Lott. Better yet for cast bullets is the 450 Howell, I will try to post a photo later. The Howell has a 2.5 inch case and will function through a standard Mauser magazine. Howell also based on 404 brass.

[This message has been edited by John Ricks (edited 07-19-2001).]

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote