THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Weatherby is now using TXS bullets for their factory loads

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby is now using TXS bullets for their factory loads Login/Join

one of us
posted
Not sure if the Weatherby users knew this change of bullets. On a 460 factory loaded 450 Gr. TXS.. the stated Velocity is 2660 VS 2700 for the original Barnes X's...steve

Posts: 297 | Location: california | Registered: 20 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
That's gret news Steve, The TSXs are so far the most accurate bullets I've tested on most of my calibers, Weatherbys or not and for those velocities, it's a great combo. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

Could you give us more detail for the various calibers that you have tested.

Thanks
Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Sure:
257 Weatherby 100gr TSX
7mm Weatherby 140gr TSX
300 Weatherby 180gr TSX
340 Weatherby 250gr TSX
All were sub half MOA shooters jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

Could you please verify if these bullets were under-size (as some claim) or on spec.

Thanks
Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Couldn't tell you. All I know is they shot wonderfully accurate with Zero pressure signs and barrels were no harder to clean than with other types of bullets. A huge improvement over the old Xs. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
I've been using the TSX bullet in both 30.06 and .416 Remington for about 2 years now. What I have found is the following:

1. Very accurate in my rifles
2. Less copper fouling
3. Deadly on game. Recovered bullets are just like the commercials. The petal edges are sharp and collect a lot of tissue under them.

I have shot both NA and African game using this bullet. I love it!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote