THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    A Mauser 10.75x68 Oberndorf Model B Safari rifle comes home to be added to the others

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Mauser 10.75x68 Oberndorf Model B Safari rifle comes home to be added to the others Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted
A Mauser 10.75x68 Oberndorf Model B Safari rifle comes home to be added to the others.

Well, I expanded my Mauser collection and brought this one home yesterday and thought to share the pictures.

This one is a real beauty classic that came with a complete package. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer I'm going to talk it for a walk at the local range.

Here are the specifics.

24" Barrel
8 pounds 13 ounces
14-1/2" LOP
3 leaf Rear Site
Bbl Mtd Sling Swivel
Horn Butt Plate

as always, your comments are most welcome

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2122 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. It’s a very good example of a 10.75x68

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a real “Classic” Mauser. Very nice.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello All,
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm really happy to have found this one.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2122 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle, and original Mauser Sporter; very cool. And in a super cartridge; finally a decent one. No more of those tiny 6.5 and the like, pest rifles.

Posts: 17123 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lovely find, Buck. Please let us know how it does at the range. Taylor criticized it primarily based on the bullets originally loaded in it, of poor construction and sectional density for use on dangerous game. I would think with today's best, it would be more than up to snuff on about everything.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A great caliber that suffered the ignorance of the shooting world in its day..The produced the wrong bullet that continued to fail and blamed the caliber as we still do at times.

I hunted Buffalo and Plains game with it some years ago..the good Hornerber brass was available and good Woodleigh 347, 350 and 400 gr. bullets were abundant..The 347 and 350 got me 2300 plus a good bit, and the 400s were good for 2100 to 2200..Worked on Buffalo and PG just fine and gave you an extra round in a goodd 98 Mauser with 5 down in mine and one up the tube..

looks like your in bullets, brass and powder, and good to go..Congrats on a good find..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PExcelebr find.

Can’t wait to see the range report.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1057 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
very nice! Where did you find it?

Try the Northfork 380 gr soft points.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
257gr CEB Flatbase Raptor could breathe new life into this fine ctg.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice rifle.
I'm hoping to build one in the future