THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Login/Join

<Paleohunter>
posted
After a four and a half year wait I just uncreated my brand new Shiloh Sharps #3 in 45-90!!! Just had to share my joy with somebody.

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
You wait 4 1/2 years, and the first thing you do is uncreate it?

Just funnin you, congrats, and let us know how it shoots.

I don't think I'd have the patience to wait that long for a gun, unless it was one I was building myself.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<BigBores>
posted
Hey Paleo,

Post a picture of it when you can so I can drool over it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
By the Gods, I am envious!!

You are aware that you probably will not sleep well for several nights now. I recommend keeping the work of art in close proximity to your bed so when you awaken throughout the night you will not have to stumble around the house to reaffirm the reality of your acquisition.

Are you talking to it yet?

Pray do post a picture.

And congratulations.... 4.5 years is indeed a lengthy gestation period!

Regards,

------------------
~Holmes

"Those who appease a tiger do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last."
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wyoming, USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Paleohunter>
posted
I do not have the know how to post a pic so I'll try too write a pic. here goes 1874 sharps French grey reciver 30" full oct barrel cresent butt plate all the wizz bang sights very nice wood hand rubed toung oil finnish shandbagl (sp?) fore end. It will be awhile before I shoot it cause I have to get all the reloading stuff to roll my own unless anyone knows somebody that laods Black power? I have Brass already but thats about it. Oh I almost forgot I kick the wife out of bed this weekend there was'nt enough room for me and her and the Sharps so she slept on the couch.

<BigBores>
posted
Hey, Paleo,

I think Old Western Scrounger has some blackpowder loads, but they won't be cheap. They had some for my 577 Snyder, those are REAL hard to find!

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Paleo-
The rifle sounds really nice. I saw the Shiloh folks at a hunting show in Dallas. I was oh so close to making a down payment. I don't have a lot of money, but I AM single and with 4 years to pay for it.....why not? I decided to wait until I learn more though.

I recently started a "Let's see your rifle" thread in both Small Calibers and Miscellaneous Topics ( http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000206.html ) I didn't put it here since I don't have a Big Bore. If you have pic, I can post it for you. Just e-mail it to me. I've already posted one for a guy from the UK in the other forums.

Posts: 7494 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PaleoHunter:
When I got my Shiloh, I was lucky enough to
find Dave Gullo at Buffalo Arms. Dave took
all the time I needed in explaining black
powder reloading, what I needed and what to
look out for. They are some of the friendliest and sincerely helpful people I have found. They also have all the components that you need.

Also, they sell all of the big bore obsolete brass.

www.buffaloarms.com
208-263-6953

Congratulations and please do not pollute your black powder rifle with smokeless powder or copper jackets!!!!!

------------------
RC

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Paleohunter>
posted
Hey Long Dis Oper I noticed on your profile that you live in McKinney Tx hell were nieghbors I live in Plano Tx.

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
I work in Plano. Why don't we "do lunch" sometime? Maybe I can learn something about blackpowder; like what shooting sports I can use a Sharps for.

Posts: 7494 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
<Paleohunter>
posted
LongDistOp
I dont know much about black powder myself but I can tell you about Sharps rifles.