Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45/70 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a Winchester i think it is 1895, or 1885, the single shot with hammer. I am having trouble finding one. I black powder hunt once or twice a year, I hate black powder ( i use a substitute) it is nasty and you can't see what happened when you shot.
I hunt in Mississippi and they allow the above rifle because is is single shot and came before 1900 and has hammer.
The gun I am looking for is new manfacture and I can't find one.
thanks for ideas
My main deer hunting rifle next year will be my new 9.4 x 74R. I will also take my 470 NE on one trip also.

Posts: 527 | Location: New Orleans,La. | Registered: 27 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Model 1885 Browning/Winchester. Call Cimarron Firearms in Texas, they just got a shipment in, some with double set triggers and pistol grip stock. 830-997-9090 and ask for Valerie.

Rich
DR and SS SS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunsamerica.com/classifieds/none/_976828807.aspx

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information, I will probably get one this week. My friend has one and it shoots 3 shots Hornady plastic tipped bullets factory loads into 1/2" @ 100 yards.

Posts: 527 | Location: New Orleans,La. | Registered: 27 September 2003Reply With Quote