Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ugliest Big Bore Ever? Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember a guy in high school saying about a girl he spent time with,"she's like a scooter, fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you on it."

I guess it would be hard in business to maintain your ethics. I'd like to believe that I would be able to turn things like this away. At the very least they could put a cheap swivel stud in the front of the stock and put a cheap walmart sling on it.

Glad they were nice to you.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the "Hide Pictures" option was put there specifically for that rifle. thumbdown

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary Hopper is the owner, has about eight or ten employees. Great place to hangout. The truly scary part, this thing sits on the rack within 10 feet of his double rifles. I'm meeting Idjeffp over about two miles from there for lunch today. Maybe I can get him to go over with me and get a second more objective opinion. He's an engineer, maybe he can evaluate it more objectively...hah!! It looks as if each and every one of those polta dots was inletted by hand...maybe he drilled holes and stuck a foot long dowel in and cut it off flush? I have got to go over and give him some grief about this one AFTER lunch.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know who the stockmaker was, so I could avoid him!!

No shops in Fresno even carry double rifles. Frowner

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Dago Red,

Those girls your friend in high school was talking about are called "Mopeds"...

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have paid my penance...after lunch I went over to take another look at the rifle. He has it stashed in a corner...out of sight basically. I was wrong, it is carved acanthus leaves and the spots are seed pods. The leaves are routered/dremel tooled about 3/16" deep into the grip and forend. Each spot is a 3/16ths hole 1/4" deep filled with dowels of maple and walnut and sanded smooth. This rifle is really ugly, beyond Fugly. If you look in wikipedia under the term butt-ugly they have a picture of this rifle, actually it's so ugly they just ran the negative!

Rich
DRSS

Cost me $750 to tour the store this time...he showed me a big Unertl 36X and it came home with me.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
Kinda matches a pair of osterich boots I have....but I don't hunt in those.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Where did you kill the ostrich with the boots?

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
probably milking boots, the high top 20" version.
What?, you say you've never "pulled tits" as a kid growing up? The heck! you say.

Rich
once of the ranch/farm K's.
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you guys ever seen a 6.5 Kennedy commemerative. ....The basic Carcano with a 50 cent peice pounded into the butt stock with a hammer...................and epoxied in place with Marine Tex.......Both those rifles are real nice compared to some I have seen !!!!!!!

if there were sasquaches , some miner would have a recipe for them

Posts: 40 | Location: sheltered from the north wind | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's all just pray that this is a one-of-a-kind.

Billy Bob

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of stuntpilot2
posted Hide Post
That's the Rosie O'Donnell of rifle stocks!

Posts: 214 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of stuntpilot2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Tanker:
is like fooling around with an ugly fat chick - it is still fun and feels good - but who wants to be seen with it??????

If you've ever wondered who said that originally.....

Posts: 214 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
That rifle is a damn shame........good grief...... Eeker

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That stock artist needs to change his dealer.Quick tell the CDC that small pox is back-weeping yellow pustules-need eye drops afetr posting this
Axx

it dont mean a thing,if it aint got no zing

Posts: 11 | Location: Australia | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.

I think I have the answer - the stock is a custom cammo job for clown hunting....

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Would this be concidered, "pimping one's rifle"? Big Grin

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Who ever did that to a rifle should be made to dig a 12 ft deep hole in hard Texas clay in August, with a tea spoon, then throw that rifle in the bottom of the hole, and then fill it back up with that same tea spoon! thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Me thinks we should all chip in and buy that rifle.

Once a year we can send it to a "deserving" member. At the end of each year it can be transferred to next contender for most "deserving" member.

I'm glad that I'm left handed now and bow gracefully out of the competition for that ....thing.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote