Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new big bore member Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, it looks like I'll be joining you folks on the big bore forum. I just ordered a .375H&H from H-S Precision. It will be as close to the .300WinMag they made me a few months ago as I can get but with a different color stock so the guys on the truck know which gun I want. My .300 is green/black and the .375 will be brown/black. Same scope, etc. You can see pics, details, etc. on the .300 under "my new gun" on the medium bore forum. I'm really looking forward to getting it.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
gotogirl3

Welcome to the fun size rifles. cheers How long till you receive your 375? Keep us posted. wave

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Next thing you know you'll want a .416, then you'll realize that what you really always wanted to shoot beer cans with is a .505, then.......

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Way to gotogirl!!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
excellent!
enjoy it much

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Good for you! Hope you like it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13483 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
Next thing you know you'll want a .416, then you'll realize that what you really always wanted to shoot beer cans with is a .505, then.......

You're preaching to the choir!!!!! jumping

"They who would give up an essential Liberty for Temporary Security, deserves neither Liberty or Security." ---Benjamin Franklin

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

Posts: 693 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to have H&S install a mercury recoil reducer in the buttstock. I have an H&S and for the money you can't beat it. Good luck with yours! wave

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I actually contemplated that - and can still probably make the change if I want, but damn the .300WinMag they made me fits PERFECT and feels great. I realize I'm moving up quite a bit in caliber, but the .300 doesn't phase me as far as recoil. I actually shoot it much better than the .270 I was shooting (still have it). I hate to use the "m" word, but both H-S guns have/will have their detachable muzzle brakes and I will use them without any qualms whatsoever. The .375 will be almost identical - same scope, barrel length, etc. Appreciate your comments - keep them coming.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
I find my .375 H&H quite easy on the shoulder, more of a push than a punch. The rifle is somewhat heavy (CZ550 Safari Magnum) and does not have a MB on it. Depending on the weight and the weight distribution of the rifle, you might want to consider recoil reducer. They will add weight and change balance of the rifle.

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to a fellow lefty!

H-S Precision built my USRAC Custom Shop Model 70 7mmSTW Custom Sporting Sharpshooter. The test target was 0.1326" for three shots at 100yds., but the best I've been able to do is 0.220".

I think you'll be very happy with the way that rifle shoots. Wink

Is your .375H&H going to be built on their push-feed action also?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Abandon hope all who enter here.

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:

Acutally, I come to find that in the darkness of the safe, a special magic happens amongst big bore rifles.... My .375 used to be all by itself, then magically a .450 marlin appeared, then another .375 appeared, and I have sneaking suspicion that a .458 lott is on its way from the magical folks at Winchester's custom shop...

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote