Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold QR return to zero Login/Join

one of us
posted
Took the 375 out to the range today for some practice, checking out some stuff I had done. After checking the sights on the scope (I had remounted it in the rings) I decided it was finally time to see how the open sights worked. I sit rather high on the stock due to the shape of my cheeks and had replaced the front bead and ramp with a taller (maybe tallest) william's combo, front firesight too. Then put a new EAA or whatever it is, rear blade on.

Well open sights I was happy to say were dead on!!! Of course that was at 25yds., I couldn't see the 100yd target good enough to make it worth trying. I don't htink it would hurt though, the rounds with the scope were good at 25 and good at 100.

I saved one round, put the scope back on, round hit same place as the rest!!! Pretty good for the less expensive QR setup out there.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
Mine did the same thing until I got to Africa and tried it in the field. Now switching to EAW. Sticking to the Leupold line I understand the QRW's are a better choice.

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have QRs on two .375s and they're working fine. My experience with them has been pretty much the same as yours.

Have QWRs on my .416 Rigby and like them well enough that am using them on the new .458 AR.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I get another set they will likely be the QRW, these are doing good for now hough, I don't care for the little levers, feel flimsy, but I have never had any other brand of quick release so can't compare.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just broke the little lever off while trying to remove my scope, (I tap down on them to lock'em in place with a plastic screwdriver handle)......so yeah a little flimsy.

Or maybe I'm a little heavy handed!

But, I've always been a bit insecure about the security of my scope! I pulled the scope off. So, I now have bottom half of one ring still stuck in the base with no way to remove it, unless I drill it out somehow.

I like the idea of a quick release scope mount but .........??????????

DRSS

Posts: 122 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW, I love your signature line Dago Red, it is certainly the way my life is going so far.

But you'll have to kill me to stop me, which has proven damn hard to do as of yet! If you ever meet me you'll understand

A friend of mine has suggested my epitaph to be inscribed on my tombstone should read....."Here lies parts of Jeff"

A true RIP..."Rest In Pieces".

DRSS

Posts: 122 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote