Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AHR rifles Login/Join

one of us
posted
Once again. No discussion from or about ass clown. Now just a plain hunters discussion, Anybody know about AHR. OH BY THE WAY, THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SENT PM'S " D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about their rifles, but I did correspond with them when I was thinking of having them restock my CZ550. They were exteremely helpful and very quick at answering any e-mails I sent. I am still deciding what to do, but after my discussions with them I would not hesitate to use them. Hope you get some good answers this time around as I am also curious about their complete rifles.

Posts: 1649 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

This forum has degraded to that level over the last couple of years.

ASS_CLOWN

Thanks to YOU and bullshit, ASS_CLOWN!

CPS

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
If you are looking at a rifle, you might want to email Jim P who posts as PAHunter, he purchased a rifle back in 02. His email is Stallion43@aol.com.

Here is a link to a previous post: AR Post - ARH Lott

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hasn't this been beat to death?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 grains. Maybe so. I haven't seen any reasonable discussion. Maybe I missed the real thread. All other threads on the subject seem to be just like listening to day care arguments. Johnny looked at me. Did not. Did too. Did not. DID TOOOOO!!. "D"

one of us
posted Hide Post
D Hunter,

What exactly do you want to know about AHR? Personally, I have to agree with Dan on this one.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have all I need to know from PM's sent by a number of forum members. It just bothers me greatly to watch as someone posts a reasonable question and it turns into a p1$$ing contest with no one answering the question. I hope this is not what this forum is about. And yes at this point it is definitely a dead horse, no need to whip it anymore. "D"

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Hey D,
in the fed govt they say "there's no horse so dead it can't be beaten to water"

jeffe

Posts: 38520 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw some substantive posts on the AHR threads and they seemed to be helpful.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
D Hunter,

It used to bother me too, but I just have fun with it now.

I am glad to hear you got all the info you needed from PMs. Like Dan, I seem to recall a couple good posts on AHR rifles on the previous threads, but the vast majority were erroneous, hearsay, namecalling crap. This forum has degraded to that level over the last couple of years. Sad state of affairs I am afraid.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CPS,

Whomever you are, you are INCORRECT. I am NOT the root cause of this forum's degradation! I am an unfortunate resultant!

People like yourself, are the root cause! I find your posts are all negative and derogatory. You and several others exhibit a level of opinionated ignorance unequalled in most circles. Sorry, but you cannot blame me for your lack of knowledge, manners, or self respect /esteem. I am just the mirror that stares back at you, in thi case laughing!

ASS_CLOWN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure Todd, I mean Axel, I mean Judy, I mean Scott, plus Lord knows how many others. When you sign for your lithium, which name do you use?

You are the legendary liar of AR. Our very own Baron von Munchausen.

Your latest name suits you best.

CPS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi D-Hunter:

BillC left you a link here, in a previous message where I discussed at lenght my custom AHR Rifle, that I ordered in 2002.

If you have any questions that I can answer for you, please drop me an email @ Stallion43@aol.com

My rifle was a full custom with a CZ550 action in 458 Lott.

Regards... Jim P.

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Hi Guys:

Well I picked up my new rifle this afternoon and I am very well satisfied. I still have to take it to the range yet to see how it shoots.

While I was in Europe last year my digital camera was lost, so I am still in the midst of getting another one. I do have a camcorder that takes digital snap shots, maybe I will try and take a few pics with that.

I will give you what I think are the Great points of my new rifle and few small gripes. Maybe I am being overly fussy. As a side talent, I am a half ass artist for many years. I have drawn and painted more than a few pictures and paintings that are still hanging in a few public buildings and private homes, so I tend to look real hard at craftsmanship, checkering and engraving. Maybe to critical but that is just my humble opinion.

The Great Points... The stock is a beautiful fiddleback throughout both sides. The shadowline cheek rest is exceptionaly done. The hand checkering is one of the best I have seen, did not miss a point. The satin blueing and metal finish is perfect. The bolt is the slickest action in my battery. It is a TRUE 458 Lott SIX SHOOTER, five down and one up the spout. I tried that tonight about five times. As mrlexma could attest the balance is damn near perfect, just a hair over 11 lbs. With the heavy barrel and two mercury reducers in the butt, it balances right behind the first cross bolt. The sights with the Gold Line, one folding leaf from NECG are great. The engraving is also beautifully done, except the Buffalo. The recoil pad is perfectly put on with a blackline spacer. The barrelband and inlayed rear sling swivel stud is perfect. The X break and screw on cap, to replace the break, is very well machined.

I think all rifles look like hell with that break sticking out beyond the the shroud of the front sight, but they sure do work. Remind me to post a picture of a custom 416 Rem Mag I had made a few years ago with the break holes drilled right through the shroud of the sight, looks great, very cool custom touch.

The Gripes....

I litterally checked out this rifle with a magnifying glass over the checkering and engraving.

When I received the rifle, there is a very small ding on the rosewood forearm cap. It looks like it was dinged after the rifle was finished. It didn't happen at the gun shop, because I was the one that opened up the box. For a custom rifle that cost this kind of money, I expect no dings anywhere.

I may be to critical but I should have had all plain engraving rather than the Buffalo Head engraved on the floor plate. I guess I am just used to looking at Buffalo Heads on those 75K Double Rifles. It's not bad, but I expected better.

Just in one place, the wood to metal fit around the tang and around one cross bolt could of been closer, all the rest of the fit is good.

All and all a beautiful rifle.

Now I have to sneak off to the Range. I got a set of QD Talley Mounts with it. I will probably mount a 1X5 Leupold Vari X3 with a iluminated X reticle on it.

Regards..

Jim P.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

ahr makes pretty decent rifles. Do yourself a big favor and spring for a GMA action for the 500 ahr or Jeffery. The mag box of a cz550 is not big enough to properly stack those rounds. You can fake it out, but it's not the best approach. The graduate school of DGR gunsmithing is getting a 500 Jeff in any action to feed 100% reliably.